Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: ALDS- New York Yankees vs Cleveland Indians series thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vball10set View Post
    er?
    Yeah....my first guess

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander of Awesome View Post
    Could have started him over Bauer on short rest and over Klubot who was clearly not healthy. Unpopular opinion, but DGAF.

As for the WS, yes. I would have. Kids a stud. I'd rather go down with our best players than a guy like fucking Tomlin out there.
    Can Salazar get in the batters box and make an impact? He could have pitched lights out and they still wouldn't have won with our 1-5 batters having less than 10 hits combined. We should have won game 3, and that had nothing to do with utilization of Salazar. Game 4 I can somewhat see the argument, but there is a reason Salazar only pithced 1.5 innings. If you recall, our lineup looked like shit during that game as well.

I think you should look at Salazar's game logs this season. He wasnt as dominant as you believe he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiernan View Post
    Alright guys, I have a confession. I really am a drunk dead beat POS. My kids hate me and hope I die so they can at least collect my $10 of inheritance. I have no life .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by like_that View Post
    Can Salazar get in the batters box and make an impact? He could have pitched lights out and they still wouldn't have won with our 1-5 batters having less than 10 hits combined. We should have won game 3, and that had nothing to do with utilization of Salazar. Game 4 I can somewhat see the argument, but there is a reason Salazar only pithced 1.5 innings. If you recall, our lineup looked like shit during that game as well.

I think you should look at Salazar's game logs this season. He wasnt as dominant as you believe he is.
    BTW, based on how our lineup looked, this might have not been a bad idea, smfh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiernan View Post
    Alright guys, I have a confession. I really am a drunk dead beat POS. My kids hate me and hope I die so they can at least collect my $10 of inheritance. I have no life .

vCash
    Cookie was great in Game 3 and we didn't score a fucking run. That's the one that hurts. The only run was a homer off Miller...which doubles the pain. Should have been a sweep. Also...we lost 1-0 and Shaquille O'Neal in right took away a 2 run home run. That was the game.

I'm fine with Kluber pitching a little dinged up. Can you imagine what some of us would be saying if Kluber hadn't pitched and Tomlin/Salazar/Clevinger had gotten rocked. "WHY ARE WE NOT PITCHING KLUBER? I DON'T CARE IF HE IS HURT...SUCK IT UP! HIM INJURED IS STILL BETTER THAN THOSE BUMS!"

This shit is easy in hindsight. We all praised Tito all season and as late as last Friday. He didn't get dumb overnight. He made the best decisions with what he had to work with. I trust him and won't second guess every little thing...even if I may have done something different.

If you are looking for someone to blame....there is plenty to go around. It's not Tito's fucking fault that Lindor, Kipnis, Ramirez and EE went 8-68 in the series. He went back to Urshela when none of us would have and he delivered a big RBI hit. He started Perez when many wouldn't and he had a couple good ABs and the other RBI. Our studs didn't produce. Plain and simple.

paying it forward
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TBone14 View Post
    Cookie was great in Game 3 and we didn't score a fucking run. That's the one that hurts. The only run was a homer off Miller...which doubles the pain. Should have been a sweep. Also...we lost 1-0 and Shaquille O'Neal in right took away a 2 run home run. That was the game.

I'm fine with Kluber pitching a little dinged up. Can you imagine what some of us would be saying if Kluber hadn't pitched and Tomlin/Salazar/Clevinger had gotten rocked. "WHY ARE WE NOT PITCHING KLUBER? I DON'T CARE IF HE IS HURT...SUCK IT UP! HIM INJURED IS STILL BETTER THAN THOSE BUMS!"

This shit is easy in hindsight. We all praised Tito all season and as late as last Friday. He didn't get dumb overnight. He made the best decisions with what he had to work with. I trust him and won't second guess every little thing...even if I may have done something different.

If you are looking for someone to blame....there is plenty to go around. It's not Tito's fucking fault that Lindor, Kipnis, Ramirez and EE went 8-68 in the series. He went back to Urshela when none of us would have and he delivered a big RBI hit. He started Perez when many wouldn't and he had a couple good ABs and the other RBI. Our studs didn't produce. Plain and simple.
    excellent post, bulldog, and this right here will stay with me the longest--it's incredible that they all sucked so bad
    #goTribe #goCavs #goBrowns #goBucks

vCash
    Other Kipnis I agree. But, he did what he did all season, not sure why Tito moved him TJ the 2-hole over Jackson. That's the move I simply don't understand.
    There's nothing more nerve racking than waiting in the McDonald's drive thru at 10:57 and wanting breakfast. -- Cody Zeller

vCash

I really have no issue with Tito. It was the players who didn't put up. Hell, to me Tito's the second best coach/manager this town's ever seen behind Paul Brown.
    "I thought [the bandana] was the best way to thank them and to get in a dig at the owners. The Modells can burn in hell for all I care."
    -Steve Everitt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
    I really have no issue with Tito. It was the players who didn't put up. Hell, to me Tito's the second best coach/manager this town's ever seen behind Paul Brown.
    Tito's a great manager, but he had a bad series. Too many members of the organization had a bad series.

paying it forward
    vCash
    Watching Drennan on STO, and it’s generally acknowledged that Kipnis won’t be with the team next season, and the FO will make more of an effort to re-sign Santana than Bruce.

vCash
    Watching Drennan on STO, and itís generally acknowledged that Kipnis wonít be with the team next season, and the FO will make more of an effort to re-sign Santana than Bruce.
    Kipnis is signed. So we are going to cut him and pay him for 3 more years or is he talking trade?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

vCash
    Yeah, where is Kip going? I haven't heard that at all. Santana is a better player than Bruce, but he is getting up there. I'm curious to see who else we go after and what positions. I'd like to see a big bat in the OF, but after EE not sure who can/will sign. And then some Pen help/insurance.

Kipnis is a great trade piece however, if someone is willing. Yandy is hopefully the 3B we roll with for the next few yrs.

The wound is too fresh, but I'll start the off-season thread on Monday.
    There's nothing more nerve racking than waiting in the McDonald's drive thru at 10:57 and wanting breakfast. -- Cody Zeller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laley23 View Post

The wound is too fresh.........
    Good wording.

After 24 hours, BRF has a few more words besides the previous "F."

Sweat ass Aroldis Chapman...........last year goes from the Yankees to the Cubs and then back to the Yankees. WTF for us Indian fans?

I have a hard time being critical of Tito and I appreciate all the comments said about what he should or should not have done. It was the players not performing to expectations, is my bottom line.

I fucking just knew we were going to lose. That's just how it is for us Cleveland fans.

And I get by today by saying "it's only a game". There are lots of people who don't give one shit about this stuff and many of them are hurting just dealing with their daily lives.

So a guy I talked to today (who happened to be a bartender, btw) said that he is now rooting for a Nationals/Astros WS, and against a classic Yankees/Dodgers WS. Yes...please. F the networks.

But it's starting to shape up just how they want it.

Because: Cleveland.

vCash
    Rick Manning just tweeted.............Happy Birthday to Ernie in Elyria, Betty in Batavia, and Willie in Westlake.

vCash
    Great regular season, post season not so much. No production from hitters 1-5. That being said, I think the organization is positioned to make deep playoff runs in the next several years. After that it is in the players hands to deliver and as a fan that is all you can ask for.

Go Tribe.

paying it forward
    vCash
    Kipnis is signed. So we are going to cut him and pay him for 3 more years or is he talking trade?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Laley23 View Post
    Yeah, where is Kip going? I haven't heard that at all.

Kipnis is a great trade piece however, if someone is willing. Yandy is hopefully the 3B we roll with for the next few yrs.
    and because YOU haven't heard it it's not out there? you kill me...anyway, I'm just repeating what was said on Drennan, and yes, he'd be a tradable commodity.

vCash
    and because YOU haven't heard it it's not out there? you kill me...anyway, I'm just repeating what was said on Drennan, and yes, he'd be a tradable commodity.
    You get too worked up over stuff. I was asking a question on if Drennan had heard anything? Or is he just spouting shit about the Indians without an actual source?

vCash
    I am not envisioning a trade market for Kipnis.
    I think Santana is about $14M a year, Tribe would probably go 3 years, but I see him signing elsewhere for 5/65.
    Brantley is too injury to resign or QO, Bruce will sign elsewhere, don't know what Jackson is worth.
    Need to replace the rubber arm of Shaw.
    Olsen has already replaced Logan.

1B, LF, 7th inning RHP.
    Last edited by Verbal Kint; 10.15.2017 at 02:17 PM.

vCash
    If Tribe doesn't trade Kipnis, he might just be you're starting LFer next year. Zimmer is likely penciled in at CF