Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Facebook or Twitter .......pro and con

  1. #1
    Elderly Intellectual Belly35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eve of Destruction
    Posts
    9,708
    vCash
    887,004
    Rep Power
    57

    Question Facebook or Twitter .......pro and con

    I'm going to venture out into the social media but which one Facebook or Twitter and why?

    what is the advantage of one over the other?

    Which one would be best for me?
    which one are you on?

    i did this thread once before but can find in ....
    “Never invest in anything based on color”
    "From my cold dead hand will they have to remove my weapon"

  2. #2
    Administrator Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    49,086
    vCash
    3,982,079
    Rep Power
    111
    FB for friends and people of your past. Twitter more up to date and news.

    For what you do I'd say you'll get more action on FB

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,195
    vCash
    3,725
    Rep Power
    58
    If you go with Twitter his handle is @realDonaldTrump
    Chuck! Chuck, it's Marvin! Your cousin, Marvin Berry!

  4. #4
    Elderly Intellectual Belly35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eve of Destruction
    Posts
    9,708
    vCash
    887,004
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    FB for friends and people of your past. Twitter more up to date and news.

    For what you do I'd say you'll get more action on FB
    I have no friends and those that i do, dont use a computer.
    “Never invest in anything based on color”
    "From my cold dead hand will they have to remove my weapon"

  5. #5
    GOAT Laley23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29,475
    vCash
    2,699,229
    Rep Power
    94
    I deleted FB 6 months ago, and my life has been better without it lol. Twitter for me.
    There's nothing more nerve racking than waiting in the McDonald's drive thru at 10:57 and wanting breakfast. -- Cody Zeller

  6. #6
    Tits McGee Fab4Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    6,191
    vCash
    546,921
    Rep Power
    60
    I see a lot more white trash Trump supporters on Facebook than Twitter, so I'd say FB for you.

  7. #7
    Sonofanump
    Guest
    Facebook is to see photos of the grandkids.
    Twitter is to see/post news and debate.

  8. #8
    paying it forward
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    24,757
    vCash
    2,263,378
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Fab4Runner View Post
    I see a lot more white trash Trump supporters on Facebook than Twitter, so I'd say FB for you.
    funny, cause I see a lot more white trash Trump bashers on FB than Twitter...just sayin'

  9. #9
    Sonofanump
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fab4Runner View Post
    I see a lot more white trash Trump supporters on Facebook than Twitter, so I'd say FB for you.
    LOL, those protesting the results of an election are the worst.

  10. #10
    paying it forward
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    24,757
    vCash
    2,263,378
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly35 View Post
    I have no friends and those that i do, dont use a computer.
    you may want to stick with this then


  11. #11
    1st Team All-PWN like_that's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    26,545
    vCash
    2,189,771
    Rep Power
    240
    Facebook is complete garbage now. It has turned into every dumbass in the world providing their political commentary thinking they are changing the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiernan View Post
    Alright guys, I have a confession. I really am a drunk dead beat POS. My kids hate me and hope I die so they can at least collect my $10 of inheritance. I have no life .

  12. #12
    Nick Mangold justincredible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    32,003
    vCash
    3,206,534
    Rep Power
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by like_that View Post
    Facebook is complete garbage now. It has turned into every dumbass in the world providing their political commentary thinking they are changing the world.

  13. #13
    Master of teh QQ SnotBubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 937
    Posts
    4,492
    vCash
    1,025,260
    Rep Power
    48
    I use social media for mainly one thing, to connect with family/friends and see what is going on in their lives. For that reason alone, I prefer Facebook, it's much more personal. With that said, there are cons to it, many people use it to post things they definitely shouldn't and I can't stand the political banter (again, I'm there for one reason).

    For news? I go straight to Twitter. Quick, direct and to the point to find anything you need with a simple search.
    Eamus Catuli

  14. #14
    1st Team All-PWN like_that's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    26,545
    vCash
    2,189,771
    Rep Power
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBubbles View Post
    I use social media for mainly one thing, to connect with family/friends and see what is going on in their lives. For that reason alone, I prefer Facebook, it's much more personal. With that said, there are cons to it, many people use it to post things they definitely shouldn't and I can't stand the political banter (again, I'm there for one reason).

    For news? I go straight to Twitter. Quick, direct and to the point to find anything you need with a simple search.
    Pretty much the only reason I keep my account active. I have family in turkey and it's the best way to keep in touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiernan View Post
    Alright guys, I have a confession. I really am a drunk dead beat POS. My kids hate me and hope I die so they can at least collect my $10 of inheritance. I have no life .

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Newark,Ohio
    Posts
    2,384
    vCash
    149,336
    Rep Power
    41
    I use Facebook to keep up with friends and out of town family.

  16. #16
    Senior Pwner Commander of Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    23,102
    vCash
    2,114,977
    Rep Power
    200
    Only reason I have FB is bc I tried to delete it and couldn't access a bunch of websites (spotify, strava, airbnb) I signed up through FB SMH. Wish I could get rid of it.
    "The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."

  17. #17
    Prost! Apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,620
    vCash
    244,564
    Rep Power
    23
    Are your girls on Facebook? Great way to stay in touch.

    I suggest you go w/ Facebook. I'll friend you Belly!


    also... Facebook has spell check.

  18. #18
    Son of the Sun Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Intoxicatopia
    Posts
    18,789
    vCash
    186,908
    Rep Power
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Fab4Runner View Post
    I see a lot more white trash Trump supporters on Facebook than Twitter, so I'd say FB for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by vball10set View Post
    funny, cause I see a lot more white trash Trump bashers on FB than Twitter...just sayin'
    I have way too many on both sides of the equation, both of which get tiresome after a while.

    The bashers will type walls of text about what stupid thing Trump said or tweeted that day (the gift that keeps on giving, sadly) or how his PR team (Conway, Spicer) made an idiot out of themselves again (another that keeps on giving), with about half of them still convinced that Bernie would have won. Cute, but gets old quickly.

    The supporters tend to not have the smarts to type more than a couple sentences at once, but make up for it with (1) memes or pictures in general, (2) laughing at snowflakes despite being one for the past eight years or (3) being a snowflake because people aren't 100% in support of Trump.

    The saddest part is that things would be the same if Trump didn't win, with libs doing the "get over it snowflake" rhetoric and the cons crying like bitches and refusing to accept reality.
    Last edited by Heretic; 02.17.2017 at 12:51 PM.
    My Magical List of Video Game Reviews! -- Read and Make Awed Comments About My Awesomeitude!

  19. #19
    Elderly Intellectual Belly35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eve of Destruction
    Posts
    9,708
    vCash
    887,004
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Are your girls on Facebook? Great way to stay in touch.

    I suggest you go w/ Facebook. I'll friend you Belly!


    also... Facebook has spell check.
    sold! you had me at spell chucker

    my old soldier friend hasnt been good lately.... time running out...
    Last edited by Belly35; 02.17.2017 at 01:03 PM.
    “Never invest in anything based on color”
    "From my cold dead hand will they have to remove my weapon"

  20. #20
    paying it forward
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    24,757
    vCash
    2,263,378
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBubbles View Post
    I use social media for mainly one thing, to connect with family/friends and see what is going on in their lives. For that reason alone, I prefer Facebook, it's much more personal. With that said, there are cons to it, many people use it to post things they definitely shouldn't and I can't stand the political banter (again, I'm there for one reason).

    For news? I go straight to Twitter. Quick, direct and to the point to find anything you need with a simple search.
    yup, pretty much sums it up for me too

  21. #21
    Prost! Apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,620
    vCash
    244,564
    Rep Power
    23
    Sounds like you've decided to go with FB.

    Make sure you go through your "Settings" and go through the WHOLE thing, not just general settings, to make sure it is the way you want it.

    OC'ers can probably give suggestions on what to turn off or on in the settings.

  22. #22
    12th Son of the Lama ernest_t_bass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    24,967
    vCash
    2,371,855
    Rep Power
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Fab4Runner View Post
    I see a lot more white trash Trump supporters on Facebook than Twitter, so I'd say FB for you.
    lol'd and repped. But fuck Hillary.
    Quote Originally Posted by like_that View Post
    Saying we are alike might have been the best compliment I have recieved on this site. Congrats.


  23. #23
    Senior Member ts1227's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Massillon
    Posts
    12,313
    vCash
    388
    Rep Power
    42
    I just unfollow the polititards on Facebook so their bullshit stays off my feed and they don't know any different because we're still friends

  24. #24
    Senior Member BRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wayne County
    Posts
    8,745
    vCash
    763,397
    Rep Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by ts1227 View Post
    I just unfollow the polititards on Facebook so their bullshit stays off my feed and they don't know any different because we're still friends
    I also unfollow the politards and such and like you say, they don't know.
    Last edited by BRF; 02.18.2017 at 12:37 AM.

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,195
    vCash
    3,725
    Rep Power
    58
    I don't have many politards on my feed. My mother-in-law constantly shares quizzes with stupid questions like "ONLY 10% OF PEOPLE CAN SOLVE THIS IN LESS THAN A MINUTE. ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?" and the question is something like solve for x: 7 + x = 32
    Chuck! Chuck, it's Marvin! Your cousin, Marvin Berry!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •