Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2017 OSU Football Discussion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mcburg93 View Post
    I keep seeing talk about a 3 star rb in the Dayton area, I believe, that is getting attention from most of the big schools including Bama, Clemson, Fl St, and Ohio State. Ohio State just recently offered this kid, within the last few months. Im just wondering how is the kid only a 3 star? Does these schools see something the ranking sites dont see? I am curious how exactly the rankings work, I guess is my biggest question.
    If he continues to get offers from the big names, he'll be a 4 or 5 in no time. It happens ALL the time in basketball, I'm sure in football too. Once the offers start coming in, the ranking goes up.
    "God must be a Tar Heel, because the sky is Carolina Blue!!"

vCash
    I keep seeing talk about a 3 star rb in the Dayton area, I believe, that is getting attention from most of the big schools including Bama, Clemson, Fl St, and Ohio State. Ohio State just recently offered this kid, within the last few months. Im just wondering how is the kid only a 3 star? Does these schools see something the ranking sites dont see? I am curious how exactly the rankings work, I guess is my biggest question.
    Tavion Thomas didn't play RB until last season, so he didn't have much exposure. His offer list has blown up in the last few months, and I think he's actually a 4* in some rankings. He's a big, physical back and Ohio State definitely wants him. I think they're slow playing him a little bit because Zamir White (RB out of North Carolina who is the #1 back in the country) has shown interest, and they already have Brian Snead and Jaelen Gill committed, but White is probably not gonna be a Buckeye. I would expect Thomas to end up at OSU as the big back, Snead as the regular back, and Gill as the all-purpose guy when all is said and done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcats20 View Post
    If he continues to get offers from the big names, he'll be a 4 or 5 in no time. It happens ALL the time in basketball, I'm sure in football too. Once the offers start coming in, the ranking goes up.
    Crazy how the rankings work. To see how they change so much just amazes me.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman02 View Post
    Tavion Thomas didn't play RB until last season, so he didn't have much exposure. His offer list has blown up in the last few months, and I think he's actually a 4* in some rankings. He's a big, physical back and Ohio State definitely wants him. I think they're slow playing him a little bit because Zamir White (RB out of North Carolina who is the #1 back in the country) has shown interest, and they already have Brian Snead and Jaelen Gill committed, but White is probably not gonna be a Buckeye. I would expect Thomas to end up at OSU as the big back, Snead as the regular back, and Gill as the all-purpose guy when all is said and done.

Thanks Ironman02, I could not remember his name. Watched some video on him, he looks like a pretty good player.
    I have a dog. His name is stains.

vCash

Thanks Ironman02, I could not remember his name. Watched some video on him, he looks like a pretty good player.
    One thing I forgot to mention is that there is a worry that Thomas may not qualify academically. I don't know the details around that, but that could be something to watch as well. That may actually be the reason that he's not already committed and part of the class.

vCash
    CB Josh Norwood is transferring. That puts OSU at the 85 scholarship limit, provided that K Blake Haubeil grayshirts.

vCash
    CB Josh Norwood is transferring. That puts OSU at the 85 scholarship limit, provided that K Blake Haubeil grayshirts.
    Just read this on eleven warriors. Seems like this was going to happen one way or another by what I have read. He did see some playing time on special teams. Wish him the best at his next stop.

vCash
    CB Rodjay Burns is transferring to Louisville. Sounds like he wants to be close to home due to his father's health, but playing time probably also factors into this decision.

OSU is now officially down to 85 scholarship players, including K Blake Haubeil who was expected to grayshirt. Looks like that won't be necessary now, unless OSU adds a transfer player.

vCash
    Reading a couple of posts on Eleven warriors board that the Buckeyes are looking at getting a transfer receiver. Any of you hear about this or is it just a rumor?

vCash
    Reading a couple of posts on Eleven warriors board that the Buckeyes are looking at getting a transfer receiver. Any of you hear about this or is it just a rumor?
    Giles from Texas Tech? Think OSU is one of several schools that he's considering.

vCash
    Giles from Texas Tech? Think OSU is one of several schools that he's considering.
    No names have been posted, which I kind of thought was weird. He was the only one I would think the Buckeyes would consider. I guess its a wait and see kind of thing. I think they would be more than happy to have Haubeil to not gray shirt and have him on scholly right away so they have options at kicker.

vCash
    Just committed to LSU.

vCash
    OSU/Michigan will be on FOX this season. As well as OSU/PSU.

vCash
    Gus Johnson calling Ohio State-Michigan? Yes please.
    You kill the jo, you make some mo\'!

paying it forward
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry_Tate View Post
    Gus Johnson calling Ohio State-Michigan AND OSU/PSU? Yes please.
    nice!

vCash
    4* LB Dallas Gant has committed to Ohio State. Another big BOOM!!!

paying it forward
    vCash
    4* LB Dallas Gant has committed to Ohio State. Another big BOOM!!!
    wow...great pick up!

vCash
    Now that I have a little more time...

Gant is the #1 OLB in the entire country. Big, fast, athletic. Great to keep Ohio's best here at home.

This is commitment #10 for the 2018 class, which moves OSU to the 2nd ranked class in the nation at the moment, trailing only Miami (FL) which already has 17 commits. Currently, OSU has a 96.34 overall average per player, which is almost two full points higher than their record setting class last season.

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Foo...teTeamRankings

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-s...-to-ohio-state

vCash
    Looks like Fl St took the lead on the LB from Virginia. Was really hoping we would land him. I am still holding out hope. He would be a great one to add to that class. Hopefully Urban can do some magic and reel the kid in.
    Last edited by mcburg93; 05.22.2017 at 11:49 AM.

vCash
    Looks like Fl St took the lead on the LB from Virginia. Was really hoping we would land him. I am still holding out hope. He would be a great one to add to that class. Hopefully Urban can do some magic and real the kid in.
    I'm pretty sure that Mitchell has visited FSU more than any other school, and they were believed to be his favorite for quite a while. Ohio State made up some ground once he finally made a visit to Columbus, and was supposedly even with FSU going into his most recent visit to Tallahassee. The plan was always to make a decision, one way or the other, pretty soon after that visit, so the fact that he has said he'll announce his decision in the next couple weeks isn't that worrisome. However, it does seem like FSU is probably gonna be the choice since that's what most of the well-connected recruiting analysts are hearing. Urban and company will fight until the end, though, I'm sure.

If Mitchell does choose FSU, then I expect OSU to go after Solomon Tuilaupupu really hard. It'll be tough to get him from out West, but I think he truly does like OSU. If that doesn't work out, then Michael Harris will likely be the ILB in this class, provided that his grades are in order. He's a kid from the state of Georgia that is ranked lower than the other two guys, but he has a great offer list and grew up an OSU fan.

I think OSU ideally wants three LBs in this class, so with Dallas Gant already committed, it probably comes down to guys like Mitchell/Tuliaupupu/Harris inside, and then probably in-state guys like Chris Oats and Xavier Peters (who doesn't have an offer yet) as the other OLB choices.

paying it forward
    vCash
    Looks like Fl St took the lead on the LB from Virginia. Was really hoping we would land him. I am still holding out hope. He would be a great one to add to that class. Hopefully Urban can do some magic and reel the kid in.
    http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-s...omment-2879828

vCash
    I saw they announced the times of the first two games. The Indiana game is 8 pm start and the OU game is a 7:30 start. I think the thursday night game is stupid.