Page 72 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2494

Thread: Impressed by Trump administration

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    I care, I'm just not super excited about another pointless war like CA is.
    Super excited??? I don't know where you get that from. I would say I'm cautiously concerned. I'd rather there not be any war.

Sounds like NK is open to talks with the US...with conditions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ptown_trojans_1 View Post
    Not an ICBM, but could be a medium or intermediate range one. Def. a successful test. Probably, the musudan or the sub based missile.

I don't think they're near the ability to have an ICBM but this recent successful test is just another step in their efforts to work towards it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Con_Alma View Post
    Sounds like NK is open to talks with the US...with conditions.
    Of course they are. They have always been, but those conditions usually mean ending the Korean war on their terms, the withdraw of U.S. forces from South Korea, and accepting the North Korean nuclear program. All of those are non starters for the U.S. and have been for 20 years.
    I don't think they're near the ability to have an ICBM but this recent successful test is just another step in their efforts to work towards it.
    Yeah, the breakthrough and scary part is they are now moving to solid fuel missiles for their short and medium range missiles. That means the launch time is much shorter and therefore it is harder to shoot them down in war time. It is also harder to find them as they are more mobile.
    Last edited by ptown_trojans_1; 05.14.2017 at 03:46 PM.
    "Anything easy ain't worth a damn." Woody

vCash
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/north-k...92608?mod=e2tw

Pretty good chronological summary of NK progress in developing a long range missile and the acceleration we have recently seen.

vCash
    NK can keep bombing the ocean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    NK can keep bombing the ocean.
    No man. That is how they test their missiles. A splash down in the ocean is a successful test of the range and operation of the missile. Splashdowns are bad, blowing up in midair is good.
    Just as a point of reference, we test our Trident and Minuteman missiles the same way, launching them from subs or Vanderberg, CA to splashdown in the south Pacific (middle of nowhere).
    "Anything easy ain't worth a damn." Woody

vCash
    A few of the many, many wins thus far:

https://townhall.com/columnists/john...ffice-n2320022

Best

Senior Member Dr Winston O'Boogie's Avatar
    vCash
    Best what? Best president? I'm sure reading the sources you read, you could come away with that opinion. To me, Trump's start is the worst one I've ever seen or can even imagine. It's very hard to believe this man is in charge. What gives you any confidence that he has the constitution to handle anything of great import? He has acted like a child, nothing more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie View Post
    Best what? Best president? I'm sure reading the sources you read, you could come away with that opinion. To me, Trump's start is the worst one I've ever seen or can even imagine. It's very hard to believe this man is in charge. What gives you any confidence that he has the constitution to handle anything of great import? He has acted like a child, nothing more.
    Of course you think that listening to the media. On reality it's not that bad. The stock market is killing it, ILLEGAL immigration is down etc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    Of course you think that listening to the media. On reality it's not that bad. The stock market is killing it, ILLEGAL immigration is down etc
    I think that reading his tweets. Saying illegal immigration is down because of him is like saying "Ever since I was elected at 5 o'clock this evening, the temperature has been going down. I'm defeating global warming."

vCash

"Best", as in best regards etc,as in sincerely, truly yours, etc...sorry for the confusion

vCash
    Hearing so many Dems downplay the impeachment talk, I'm starting to wonder if this isn't exactly what they want and to maintain status quo. All about winning back seats, and obstructing the Trump and Republican agendas.

Trump doesn't have a unified Republican party behind him. So for Dems to be given a pass for such obscene obstruction (hypocrisy much, anyone?), they just want to drive a bigger wedge between Republicans, Trump and the voters. I think it may not actually be in their interest (or goals), to remove Trump from the equation....because that would make Pence POTUS, a real conservative that Republicans and voters might unify behind....which would mean pushing a conservative agenda that Dems oppose at least as much as they do Trump.

It may all make too much sense. Dems don't want Pence as POTUS - they want to run against Trump in 2018 and 2020.

vCash
    Egyptian prez says Trump may be "capable of doing impossible".

And all I heard from CNN yesterday morning was that Trump looked stern and had not smiled. SMH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Hearing so many Dems downplay the impeachment talk, I'm starting to wonder if this isn't exactly what they want and to maintain status quo.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...investigation/

vCash
    "Multiple" White House staffers have been identified as leaking classified information. Trey Yingst has reported they will be fired when the POTUS returns stateside.

vCash
    "Multiple" White House staffers have been identified as leaking classified information. Trey Yingst has reported they will be fired when the POTUS returns stateside.
    Fired?!? Isn't this a crime?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Fired?!? Isn't this a crime?
    shooting them is a crime .... right DNC?
    “Never invest in anything based on color”
    "From my cold dead hand will they have to remove my weapon"

vCash
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...kGf?li=BBnb7Kz

I am in favor of balancing the budgets. I know some hard decisions need to be made to obtain it. Don't know if some of these cuts are to deep?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ppaw1999 View Post
    I am in favor of balancing the budgets. I know some hard decisions need to be made to obtain it. Don't know if some of these cuts are to deep?
    It will simply never happen with the tax cuts proposed.

While I think it's good, if not necessary, to reign in the many numerous federal programs (although I favor budget freezes and increases slower than inflation, safety-net programs is a different issue)....you're never going to make much of a dent with defense and entitlement programs taking up nearly 80% of spending.

Scary and sad to think that within a decade we could easily be shipping out over $700B in interest just at more normalized rates. And that's only on the non-intergovt debt (since the intergovt debt is really just a payment from Treasury offset with a receipt at SS or Medicare). $700B would pay for a lot of welfare programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ppaw1999 View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...kGf?li=BBnb7Kz

Before this topic gets derailed by certain troll trash posters, I just want to say you have to be willing to make cuts to the DoD. Until then, it's hard to take any attempt at balancing the budget seriously. Also not a fan of the Government mandating maternity leave. I figured Ivanka would get into Donald's ear about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiernan View Post
    Alright guys, I have a confession. I really am a drunk dead beat POS. My kids hate me and hope I die so they can at least collect my $10 of inheritance. I have no life .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by like_that View Post
    Before this topic gets derailed by certain troll trash posters, I just want to say you have to be willing to make cuts to the DoD. Until then, it's hard to take any attempt at balancing the budget seriously. Also not a fan of the Government mandating maternity leave. I figured Ivanka would get into Donald's ear about that.
    I agree with you, but no president or congress seems capable of taking on the military spending. We are somewhere between a third and half of all military spending in the world. There is no way anyone can make a convincing argument that we get our money's worth from that.

vCash
    McConnell and Ryan have basically already said they don't give a fark about the POTUS budget.

Chief Shenanigans Officer O-Trap's Avatar
    vCash
    I agree with you, but no president or congress seems capable of taking on the military spending. We are somewhere between a third and half of all military spending in the world. There is no way anyone can make a convincing argument that we get our money's worth from that.
    Agreed.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/charles.../#10d1265d68cd

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN13V08B
    "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labeled? [...] That's why people wait until they're in the voting booth. No one's watching anymore. There's no blame or shame or anything, and you can finally say what you really think, and that is a powerful thing." - Thomas Walker as Jonathan Pie

vCash
    Increase taxes on the wealthy and cut defense spending.

Problem solved.
    May you live in interesting times...

vCash
    Our only way out of this debt hole is strong economic growth, and obviously that would never happen with higher tax rates.

We could easily cut 15% of the entire budget tomorrow, and not miss a beat.

Unfortunately there are too many pussies in D.C.