Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 26 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 902

Thread: College Basketball Random Chatter 2016-17

  1. #376
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,194
    vCash
    293,476
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Did you really?
    Did you have the audio up? When the fans started leaving early, I think Dicky V said they can't be frontrunners, haha. He was really shocked.

  2. #377
    Senior Member SportsAndLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    34,444
    vCash
    3,087,047
    Rep Power
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Did you really?
    Yeah. The first 37 min was some of the worst basketball I've ever seen from ku, and I spent all day yesterday brutally hungover so sleep sounded better than finishing that garbage game.

    Whoops

  3. #378
    Administrator Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    47,614
    vCash
    3,977,509
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsAndLady View Post
    Yeah. The first 37 min was some of the worst basketball I've ever seen from ku, and I spent all day yesterday brutally hungover so sleep sounded better than finishing that garbage game.

    Whoops
    I sometimes turn the game because I have issues....but always turn back to make sure I don't miss the end.

    Steelers/Browns playoff game

    Duke/Maryland Final 4

    Two examples I had to stop watching, missed the good stuff resulting in comeback...but saw the last portion of the games

  4. #379
    Son of the Sun Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Intoxicatopia
    Posts
    18,264
    vCash
    184,405
    Rep Power
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by vball10set View Post
    We'll call it the "Falcon Effect"
    I'd about have to go with Ohio U. effect, since after Campbell went down, they've had...issues with holding leads. Up by 22 over Western Michigan in the first half (and 10 with 4-5 minutes to go) and lost. Up by 25 over Ball State in the first half and wound up trailing briefly in the second before winning.

    I hate when teams I follow do things like that. Drives a man to drink heavier, it does!
    My Magical List of Video Game Reviews! -- Read and Make Awed Comments About My Awesomeitude!

  5. #380
    paying it forward
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23,867
    vCash
    2,264,978
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    I'd about have to go with Ohio U. effect, since after Campbell went down, they've had...issues with holding leads. Up by 22 over Western Michigan in the first half (and 10 with 4-5 minutes to go) and lost. Up by 25 over Ball State in the first half and wound up trailing briefly in the second before winning.

    I hate when teams I follow do things like that. Drives a man to drink heavier, it does!
    lol, I meant the Atlanta Falcons, but I like your comparison as well.

  6. #381
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,672
    vCash
    349,596
    Rep Power
    25
    Carolina crushed State, 97-73. Roy Williams is now 32-3 against NC State.

    Bad news is that Kenny Williams, who was injured in practice a couple days ago, is out 4-6 weeks with a knee injury. Basically, he's done for the season.

  7. #382
    Senior Member Iliketurtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,129
    vCash
    1,013
    Rep Power
    38
    Jayson Tatum rising up draft boards with this performance tonight. Duke will probably win and he is the main reason.
    TURTLE POWER!

  8. #383
    In ROY I Trust!! wildcats20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Delaware, OH
    Posts
    27,187
    vCash
    2,498,149
    Rep Power
    62
    Michigan beats Wisconsin. Please tell me why everyone was so up in arms about them being left out of the committees top 16 last weekend?!?
    "God must be a Tar Heel, because the sky is Carolina Blue!!"

  9. #384
    In ROY I Trust!! wildcats20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Delaware, OH
    Posts
    27,187
    vCash
    2,498,149
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman02 View Post
    Carolina crushed State, 97-73. Roy Williams is now 32-3 against NC State.

    Bad news is that Kenny Williams, who was injured in practice a couple days ago, is out 4-6 weeks with a knee injury. Basically, he's done for the season.
    Somehow I missed that he was even injured. Then watching last night I was like where the hell is Williams?!?

    It's a big loss, he was their best perimeter defender. Theo is going to have to step up even more now, which I fully expect him to do.
    "God must be a Tar Heel, because the sky is Carolina Blue!!"

  10. #385
    GOAT Laley23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    28,644
    vCash
    2,696,128
    Rep Power
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcats20 View Post
    Michigan beats Wisconsin. Please tell me why everyone was so up in arms about them being left out of the committees top 16 last weekend?!?
    I wasnt. Hell, I've been saying the B1G may very well be won by an unranked team. Wisconsin/Maryland/Purdue...not sure who will win, but could be that all 3 are unranked.
    There's nothing more nerve racking than waiting in the McDonald's drive thru at 10:57 and wanting breakfast. -- Cody Zeller

  11. #386
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Newark,Ohio
    Posts
    2,022
    vCash
    148,147
    Rep Power
    30
    Mike Gottfried is out at NC State but will finish the year.

  12. #387
    Senior Member Azubuike24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    15,910
    vCash
    1,432,198
    Rep Power
    41
    Koenig didn't play, hurts Wisky a lot.

  13. #388
    paying it forward
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23,867
    vCash
    2,264,978
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Azubuike24 View Post
    Koenig didn't play, hurts Wisky a lot.
    absolutely

  14. #389
    In ROY I Trust!! wildcats20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Delaware, OH
    Posts
    27,187
    vCash
    2,498,149
    Rep Power
    62
    Pitt beats FSU.

    Like I said 2 weeks ago. FSU has zero chance to do anything if they don't find something that resembles a defense.
    "God must be a Tar Heel, because the sky is Carolina Blue!!"

  15. #390
    In ROY I Trust!! wildcats20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Delaware, OH
    Posts
    27,187
    vCash
    2,498,149
    Rep Power
    62
    JJ Frazier from Georgia is a stud. Single-handily almost beat UK.
    "God must be a Tar Heel, because the sky is Carolina Blue!!"

  16. #391
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,969
    vCash
    318,504
    Rep Power
    27
    Kansas all but clinches 13th straight Big 12 title with season sweep of Baylor.

  17. #392
    In ROY I Trust!! wildcats20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Delaware, OH
    Posts
    27,187
    vCash
    2,498,149
    Rep Power
    62
    Carolina beats by Virginia by 24. Honestly didn't expect that AT ALL. Expected a close, hard fought win...never thought they'd blow them out.

    Only saw the first half, but the Justin Jackson from the first half is a POY candidate. Unfortunately he's had too many games where he goes away in the 2nd.

    And Virginia is still Virginia. But if Tony Bennett doesn't get another Malcolm Brogdon, they will never have great success in the post season. You can only go so far with that offense.
    "God must be a Tar Heel, because the sky is Carolina Blue!!"

  18. #393
    Senior Member SportsAndLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    34,444
    vCash
    3,087,047
    Rep Power
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot4ever View Post
    Kansas all but clinches 13th straight Big 12 title with season sweep of Baylor.
    Suck it Baylor

  19. #394
    Administrator Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    47,614
    vCash
    3,977,509
    Rep Power
    104
    Where would you guys seed UNC, Duke, Syracuse, UC, WVU?

  20. #395
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,672
    vCash
    349,596
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcats20 View Post
    Carolina beats by Virginia by 24. Honestly didn't expect that AT ALL. Expected a close, hard fought win...never thought they'd blow them out.

    Only saw the first half, but the Justin Jackson from the first half is a POY candidate. Unfortunately he's had too many games where he goes away in the 2nd.

    And Virginia is still Virginia. But if Tony Bennett doesn't get another Malcolm Brogdon, they will never have great success in the post season. You can only go so far with that offense.
    Virginia had a pretty terrible shooting night, but a lot of it had to do with Carolina's defense. They actually played with great effort on the defensive end. Obviously, when they do that, they're really good.

    Tough stretch to end the season with Louisville, @ Pitt, @ UVA, and Duke. We'll see if they can end it on a high note.

  21. #396
    Administrator Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    47,614
    vCash
    3,977,509
    Rep Power
    104
    Bob Huggins down

  22. #397
    Administrator Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    47,614
    vCash
    3,977,509
    Rep Power
    104
    Rubbing his damn heart??? Now yelling again. Damn dude get the hell to the hospital!

  23. #398
    Administrator Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    47,614
    vCash
    3,977,509
    Rep Power
    104
    UVA falling hard and fast

  24. #399
    Senior Member Azubuike24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    15,910
    vCash
    1,432,198
    Rep Power
    41
    Maybe Virginia will drop out of the top 20 this week.

  25. #400
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,969
    vCash
    318,504
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Where would you guys seed UNC, Duke, Syracuse, UC, WVU?
    2, 3, 10, what UC?, 4

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •