Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119127128129
Results 3,201 to 3,208 of 3208

Thread: Disgusted with Trump administration - Part I

  1. #3201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,396
    vCash
    598,795
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie View Post
    I guess I haven't done a very good job of making my point. I used this chart for a reason. The chart shows a high percentage of conservatives think the media is biased toward liberals and that a lower percentage of liberals think the media is biased toward conservatives. Although this chart doesn't show it, I'll go a step further and assume that more people in general (across the entire population) think the media leans more left than right. Those things measure the opinions of people. So if you use them to say, "Factually proven, the media leans left", that would be untrue to whatever portion of the population sees it the opposite way - even if its a minority. A study that "proves" media bias is proof only to those who agree with its outcome. Those who do not would say that the study is wrong. Assuming there will always be significant numbers of people who are on both sides of this, no study then can ever be accepted at proof of anything.
    So studies that show the number of positive vs negative stories by the media for X candidate vs Y candidate, when averaged over "all" races wouldn't count as proving just because some people wouldn't believe it?

  2. #3202
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,396
    vCash
    598,795
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by O-Trap View Post
    I've gotta see this ...
    I forgot I threw a bit of gas on that fire down there a couple days ago with a one line post. I forgot to check back...might be hard to find/follow.

  3. #3203
    Senior Member Dr Winston O'Boogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    1,580
    vCash
    127,475
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by jmog View Post
    So studies that show the number of positive vs negative stories by the media for X candidate vs Y candidate, when averaged over "all" races wouldn't count as proving just because some people wouldn't believe it?
    It's that some people could disagree with what the study considers positive or negative stories.

  4. #3204
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,008
    vCash
    424,777
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie View Post
    It's that some people could disagree with what the study considers positive or negative stories.
    Some people could disagree that the sky is blue. That doesn't make their opinion valid.
    WCM pledge

  5. #3205
    Senior Member Dr Winston O'Boogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    1,580
    vCash
    127,475
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Some people could disagree that the sky is blue. That doesn't make their opinion valid.
    The color of the sky can be exactly measured with a scientific device by measuring solar radiation regardless of what anyone claims to see when the look up there. Media bias does not have a similar exactitude.

  6. #3206
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,008
    vCash
    424,777
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie View Post
    The color of the sky can be exactly measured with a scientific device by measuring solar radiation regardless of what anyone claims to see when the look up there. Media bias does not have a similar exactitude.
    Except it does in the minds of all rationale people.
    WCM pledge

  7. #3207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    443
    vCash
    7,798
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by jmog View Post
    I forgot I threw a bit of gas on that fire down there a couple days ago with a one line post. I forgot to check back...might be hard to find/follow.
    Did you think of that all on your own? Gee you're clever.

  8. #3208
    Senior Member Dr Winston O'Boogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    1,580
    vCash
    127,475
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Except it does in the minds of all rationale people.
    That may be true. Most all of us know media bias when we see it. That's different from someone saying it can be proveni.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •