Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142
Results 3,526 to 3,546 of 3546

Thread: Disgusted with Trump administration - Part I

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    LOL, the only people doing this are the only people condemning only one side....which is a club almost entirely exclusive to liberals.

Let me ask you a question - how many white supremacist protests, free of any leftwing anarchists, have had violence and property destruction? Now how many leftwing protests free of any right wing nutjobs have had violence and property damage?

All the violence and property damage is originating from the left wing "do gooders". Looks like Bill Ayers must be back in the game.
    Gosh a ruddies so you can extend back to Bill Ayres several decades ago. So you can add all the damage and injury from the rioting left and I can extend back to all the damage and injury done by the Klan. Gosh who gets a bigger total. Hell I don’t even have to go back that far in its history to get it slaughtering Civil Rights workers and Blowing up black churches in 1960s like Mr. Ayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebFire
    Thank you. I may have been heading for a ban myself.
    Don't worry you can say anything you want as long as you agree with the moderator's opinions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by isadore View Post
    Gosh a ruddies so you can extend back to Bill Ayres several decades ago. So you can add all the damage and injury from the rioting left and I can extend back to all the damage and injury done by the Klan. Gosh who gets a bigger total. Hell I don’t even have to go back that far in its history to get it slaughtering Civil Rights workers and Blowing up black churches in 1960s like Mr. Ayers.
    Gosh a ruddies. The people slaughtering civil rights leaders and Bull Ayers are all Democrats.
    WCM pledge

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Gosh a ruddies. The people slaughtering civil rights leaders and Bull Ayers are all Democrats.
    and where is the KKK today

Don't worry you can say anything you want as long as you agree with the moderator's opinions.

vCash
    WCM pledge

vCash
    1. Robert Byrd quit and denounced the KLAN.
    2. Robert Byrd died. and Upon news of his death, the NAACP released a statement praising Byrd, saying that he "became a champion for civil rights and liberties" and "came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda

3. Klan and Nazis love Trump.

vCash
    WCM pledge

vCash
    WCM pledge

vCash
    Crypto-racism, demagoguery, jingoism, opportunism, misogyny accentuated with phony populism

lolololololol.........

Chief Shenanigans Officer O-Trap's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by majorspark View Post
    An equal right to use them for their intended purpose. Transportation. Not laying down on them. No individual, group of them, or government has the right to take away a law abiding individual's right to use public roadways for their intended purpose. Drawing lines with respect to liberty this to me is an easy one.
    Who decides the intended purpose? Likely the entity that built them, yes?

So, we get to the point we're at right now: Government decides.

Ahh, so we've walked it back from violence to aggression?
    Well, given that the NAP is a pretty central tenet to libertarian philosophy, minarchism, and any of the various anarchist ideologies, it certainly seems appropriate. Would you not agree?

The community is the people.
    Using the term to refer to a group of people is one thing. Granting that term rights or the ability to trump the individual is antithetical to the libertarian philosophy. You can hold that view, and that's fine, but it's not the view that a libertarian would hold.

If I run you over with my car, am I infringing your right to a public space or exercising my right to that same public space?
    You don't have a right to remove someone already occupying a public space against their will in order for you to occupy it. Your right to the space, like mine, doesn't give you the the right to use force against an individual's person or property.

However, I am not necessarily advocating for the right to protest specifically by intentionally blocking roadways. Doing so denies motorists the right to the public property on the other side of said protesters, to which they have as much right as the protesters themselves, so rest assured, I'm not just giving carte blanch to such protests. It still doesn't warrant a permit to be required for assembly or free speech, though, unless the First Amendment shouldn't include those things as rights.

Or, perhaps as a community, do the people agree to regulate use so as to avoid anarchy?
    The "people" don't regulate. Only something with the ability to enforce regulation can regulate.

Inasmuch as you do this, the "community" (which, if we're talking the creation of laws, is equitable to governance) trumps the individual simply because the community says they do. If that's a person's view, that's fine, but it is, again, antithetical to libertarianism.

Everyone has the same and equal right to a public road, subject to the uses and laws of that road - jaywalking, protesting, blocking traffic or whatever is not one of those uses. You can't pick and choose certain property rights over others - if you're going to recognize personal property rights and regulations, you have to recognize the same in communal property. A handful of places you can't assemble without a permit in no way silences anyone.

I'm sorry, but the pure libertarian philosophy that two random individuals will mutually agree to public use in a way that is mutually beneficial is a pipe dream. Without fair use standards you have anarchy. Fair use standards are simply codifying that Libertardian utopia where you and I mutually and instantly agree not to infringe on either's rights. You're arguing the jay walker has a right to sunbath in the middle of the street - that's not even a rational debate.
    The notion that fair use standards are a defense against anarchism is a slippery slope fallacy. The maintenance of governing abilities to handle circumstances in which one individual uses force to infringe on another's person or property can certainly be maintained without some local democratic determination of how public land "ought" to be used.

And I'm not saying that two people are going to shake hands and make it work. However, I'd wager that it'd happen more often than you seem to think it would. Consider sidewalks. There are no laws designating who has priority on the sidewalk in many places, and yet, we also don't see chaos or unchecked anarchy. People just tend to excuse themselves and get by. Either one person goes around or another moves. There aren't laws requiring this or stipulating guidelines on handling these situations. People do, in fact, just work them out more than 99% of the time.

What I'm saying that the right of a protester to protest in the street exists, but it doesn't give them the right to withhold access of public property from others. If a car comes and wishes to get through, protesters don't have the authority over the motorist such that they have the right to deny the motorist access. That doesn't mean that they don't have the right to the land themselves, though.

I am indeed arguing that someone has the right to be an idiot and do something irrational. I'm also arguing that people have a right to respond, either by taking a different road or by doling out a little public shame, which is undervalued. If someone wants to play Frogger while sunbathing, great. He's an idiot. Doesn't mean he doesn't have as much a right to the road as anyone else, and it doesn't mean he has more a right to the road as anyone else.

Presumably, you prefer your right not to be run over to take priority over your right to camp in the middle of the street. So let's not pretend that traffic laws (at least some) infringe, rather than preserve, your rights.
    Personally? Yes. The notion of getting run over doesn't appeal to me. I think that's a fairly safe assumption for most people.

However, let's not pretend that traffic laws functionally do that much to keep people safe, either.

Is it REALLY saving lives when I sit at the red light with no cars coming in any other direction?

Is it really so necessary to find a crosswalk when there is abundant clearance in all directions?

I wonder how many lives I'm saving by going the speed limit and not getting into accidents, and whether or not it's more than if I were speeding and not getting into accidents.

And when I was a kid, playing home run derby in the street, I had no idea that my mere presence standing on the road (but, of course, moving for all five cars that came by that day) was so problematic to people's rights.
    "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labeled? [...] That's why people wait until they're in the voting booth. No one's watching anymore. There's no blame or shame or anything, and you can finally say what you really think, and that is a powerful thing." - Thomas Walker as Jonathan Pie

vCash

His quotes are horrific, disgusting and outrageous. His grave marker should be dismantled; the buildings and highways named for him should be torn down; his family should be shamed and shunned; and everyone who ever voted for him should be required to pay reparations. This behavior cannot be tolerated in a civil society and his comments and hatred have no place in America. This is outrageous; it is not who we are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuakerOats View Post
    lolololololol.........
    Your right, I forgot to include ignorant and bigoted, my mistake.

vCash
    a family legacy

vCash

vCash
    I'm not surprised. He was always a democrat.
    Last edited by superman; Yesterday at 05:18 PM.
    WCM pledge

vCash
    WCM pledge

vCash
    a family legacy

Why does the chick on the left look like Hillary Clinton without makeup?

vCash
    Why does the chick on the left look like Hillary Clinton without makeup?
    Here she is with makeup
    Last edited by superman; Yesterday at 06:55 AM.
    WCM pledge

vCash
    I'm not suprisec. He was always a democrat.
    and like the rest of the Klan ended up Republican.
    Last edited by isadore; Yesterday at 09:21 AM.

Senior Member Dr Winston O'Boogie's Avatar
    vCash
    The nice thing about the Trump administration is that it doesn't need any help to fail or embarrass itself. All you have to do is stay out of the way and watch this "total sisaster" from afar. I think Trump still thinks he's n celebrity apprentice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie View Post
    The nice thing about the Trump administration is that it doesn't need any help to fail or embarrass itself. All you have to do is stay out of the way and watch this "total sisaster" from afar. I think Trump still thinks he's n celebrity apprentice.
    It's only a disaster to sheep like you that wants the government to control your life. If what he is doing isn't usual DC politics then that is fine with me

Senior Member Dr Winston O'Boogie's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    It's only a disaster to sheep like you that wants the government to control your life. If what he is doing isn't usual DC politics then that is fine with me
    I'm thinking about what he's doing in terms of D.C. Politics. I'm looking at his leadership, judgement and ability to effectively communicate.