Page 58 of 152 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 3776

Thread: Disgusted with Trump administration - Part I

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeper View Post
    Wait, so now you're back to not being a fan of big government? Plz b honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiernan View Post
    Alright guys, I have a confession. I really am a drunk dead beat POS. My kids hate me and hope I die so they can at least collect my $10 of inheritance. I have no life .

vCash
    http://www.elle.com/culture/career-p...ion-taxpayers/

For comparison sake, over 8 years, Obama spent $87M on vacations. It hasn't even been a month into Trump's presidency and he's already raked up $10M in vacation costs. This doesn't include the $500k spent per day to support Melania and Barron in Trump Tower.

Big government. You own it!

If you are going to count meetings with leaders of other nations as vacations, well, that's new.
    And if you are worried about the federal treasury, where were you when obama spent $10 trillion that we didn't have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuakerOats View Post
    And if you are worried about the federal treasury, where were you when obama spent $10 trillion that we didn't have.
    The deficit is now a good thing? Haven't you heard?

vCash

vCash
    If you are going to count meetings with leaders of other nations as vacations, well, that's new.
    Oh so no comment, just a deflection.

Classic.
    May you live in interesting times...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by like_that View Post
    Wait, so now you're back to not being a fan of big government? Plz b honest.
    I'm a fan of government. Just pointing out the irony of someone who calls for small government but practices big government.

vCash
    The federal government has but one true role: national defense. Such role includes protecting the president, as well as its citizens.

Trolling for yellowfin tuna today, or big-eye?

vCash
    The federal government has but one true role: national defense. Such role includes protecting the president, as well as its citizens.

Nice opinion. So why is Trump using taxpayer dollars to go party in Mar-a-lago? Do we need to go through your post history criticizing Obama for vacationing?

Hypocrite much?
    Last edited by sleeper; 02.17.2017 at 01:14 PM.

Chief Shenanigans Officer O-Trap's Avatar
    vCash
    Nice opinion. So why is Trump using taxpayer dollars to go party in Mar-a-lago? Do we need to go through your post history criticizing Obama for vacationing?

Hypocrite much?
    Not that I'm defending QO, but should we go through yours to see how much you're a "fan of government?"

Be careful in that glass house of yours.
    "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labeled? [...] That's why people wait until they're in the voting booth. No one's watching anymore. There's no blame or shame or anything, and you can finally say what you really think, and that is a powerful thing." - Thomas Walker as Jonathan Pie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by O-Trap View Post
    Not that I'm defending QO, but should we go through yours to see how much you're a "fan of government?"

Be careful in that glass house of yours.
    Sure. Feel free to go through my post history criticizing Obama. I'm doing the same for Trump.

It's called BEING OBJECTIVE.

vCash

Just one? Really?
    Man, I guess they were really just yadda yaddaing the rest of the preamble of the Constitution. Screw that whole justice and domestic tranquility, and general welfare crap.
    Last edited by ptown_trojans_1; 02.17.2017 at 01:22 PM.
    "Anything easy ain't worth a damn." Woody

vCash
    Sure. Feel free to go through my post history criticizing Obama. I'm doing the same for Trump.

It's called BEING OBJECTIVE.
    That's called moving the goalposts. I didn't say that your criticism wasn't equally placed (although, more recently, you've spoken awfully high of Obama). I was very clear and specific about you being a "fan of government," which was your term above.
    "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labeled? [...] That's why people wait until they're in the voting booth. No one's watching anymore. There's no blame or shame or anything, and you can finally say what you really think, and that is a powerful thing." - Thomas Walker as Jonathan Pie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ptown_trojans_1 View Post
    Just one? Really?
    Man, I guess they were really just yadda yaddaing the rest of the preamble of the Constitution. Screw that whole justice and domestic tranquility, and general welfare crap.
    In that one statement, he sounds like a libertarian, but there have been too many instances in which he doesn't carry that same tune.

vCash
    Aren't "we the people" already providing a place for the President and his family to live and host foreign leaders. I thought that was what the white house was for? Didn't realize we needed to pay for Trump Tower and Mar-a-Lago too. This forum is getting worse everyday in it's absolute rejection of reason. There's a handful of rational posters then trolls and echo chamber dwellers. "Sad!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketalum View Post
    Aren't "we the people" already providing a place for the President and his family to live and host foreign leaders. I thought that was what the white house was for? Didn't realize we needed to pay for Trump Tower and Mar-a-Lago too. This forum is getting worse everyday in it's absolute rejection of reason. There's a handful of rational posters then trolls and echo chamber dwellers. "Sad!"
    While I agree, supposedly Melania is just hanging out in NY until their son finishes school. I think that's perfectly valid, but let's see if they actually end-up moving.

Bush went to his ranch frequently, but that's obviously quite different from a resort area with many other people...and probably didn't pose the same logistical challenges being a more remote location and likely easier to secure.

And every trip to Mar-a-Lago is probably funneling tens of thousands of dollars to Trump....but LOL he's not taking a salary. And space in Trump tower and rooms at Mar-a-Lago - even at market or discounted rates is less than ethical....should just be at cost.

vCash
    That's called moving the goalposts. I didn't say that your criticism wasn't equally placed (although, more recently, you've spoken awfully high of Obama). I was very clear and specific about you being a "fan of government," which was your term above.
    Opinions can change but I am still for small government.

The difference is if I had spent 8 years criticizing Obama's vacation trips and then never criticized Trump for doing same thing(ignoring the higher rate of spending) then I would be a hypocrite. If I changed my opinion to say "Well I don't think vacation is an issue for President's" and then returned to exonerate Obama for taking those trips then I would be logically consistent.

Is QO willing to do that? Somehow I doubt it.

vCash
    But that would take away from the fun of Mar-A-Lago peeps getting to watch him have an emergency meeting with the Japanese dude about North Korea RIGHT OUT IN THE FUCKING OPEN!!!!
    My Magical List of Video Game Reviews! -- Read and Make Awed Comments About My Awesomeitude!

vCash
    We do. It's called "Camp David".

I'm not opposed to President's taking vacation but the fact that Trump has spent every weekend on vacation except his first at that cost is outrageous. He could easily rack up $100M dollars in his first 3 months of cost, far surpassing what Obama spent in 8 YEARS.

vCash
    We do. It's called "Camp David".

I'm not opposed to President's taking vacation but the fact that Trump has spent every weekend on vacation except his first at that cost is outrageous. He could easily rack up $100M dollars in his first 3 months of cost, far surpassing what Obama spent in 8 YEARS.
    Nah man, you don't get it.
    Obama=bad, evil and the devil while Trump=God, Jesus, can do no wrong.

vCash
    Nice opinion. So why is Trump using taxpayer dollars to go party in Mar-a-lago?

He doesn't party -- no drinking, no smoking, and no illegal drugs; unlike the prior prez (who was really cool).

vCash
    Yeah what I meant to say was:

Hail Trump!

vCash
    You're losing it.

But most of us are in favor of MAGA.

vCash
    You're losing it.

But most of us are in favor of MAGA.
    Thanks, but I'm not the one that believes 2-3M people illegally voted without actual evidence.
    Also, I am in favor of keeping America great and the notion that anyone that is opposed to Trump is not in favor of this country as a whole is laughable.
    Last edited by ptown_trojans_1; 02.17.2017 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    Nice opinion. So why is Trump using taxpayer dollars to go party in Mar-a-lago?
    He doesn't party -- no drinking, no smoking, and no illegal drugs; unlike the prior prez (who was really cool).
    So, the use of taxpayer dollars for the president to take a vacation is cool unless he takes a pack of Marlboros or a bottle of Glenfiddich with him?

If that's not what you're saying, then you didn't answer the question.
    Last edited by O-Trap; 02.17.2017 at 02:56 PM.

vCash
    So, the use of taxpayer dollars for the president to take a vacation is cool unless he takes a pack of Marlboros or a bottle of Glenfiddich with him?

If that's not what you're saying, then you didn't answer the question.
    Does he ever answer questions or keep repeating the Kool-Aid rhetoric over and over? Just asking because I've noticed a lot of one and little of the other, unless you count "posting news links (regardless of dubiousness) he agrees with, while saying anything he doesn't agree with is 'biased', 'wrong', 'fake' or whatever" as answering.
    My Magical List of Video Game Reviews! -- Read and Make Awed Comments About My Awesomeitude!