Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 13 536162636465 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1949

Thread: Disgusted with Trump administration - Part I

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
    Why? He already debunked the "he doesn't pay any taxes" talking point...with prejudice I might add.
    I'm waiting for someone to pick-up on the fact that $150M in income doesn't seem like much for a guy who claimed to be worth $10B. $150M in income would imply something like $1.5B in real estate assets (unlevered). Of course, we don't know what other investments he had, but other capital gains would only lower the former number.

I've always been of the opinion the reason he doesn't release his tax returns is he doesn't want people to know what he's actually worth (and estimates in the $3-$4B range could be high).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ptown_trojans_1 View Post
    No it doesn't. It is one year, 2005. One data point. Proves nothing.
    He only needs the one. You people have claimed for 12 months that he "doesn't pay any taxes." You've been debunked with prejudice.

If you all aren't smart enough to just take the L and drop it, don't blame me.
    "You are without doubt the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I'm waiting for someone to pick-up on the fact that $150M in income doesn't seem like much for a guy who claimed to be worth $10B. $150M in income would imply something like $1.5B in real estate assets (unlevered). Of course, we don't know what other investments he had, but other capital gains would only lower the former number.

I've always been of the opinion the reason he doesn't release his tax returns is he doesn't want people to know what he's actually worth (and estimates in the $3-$4B range could be high).
    That's a reasonable assumption. That, and I'm sure that while nothing illegal would be found, there would be plenty of deductions that the democrats would be butthurt over.

vCash

I've always been of the opinion the reason he doesn't release his tax returns is he doesn't want people to know what he's actually worth
    (and estimates in the $3-$4B range could be high).
    I fall in that bucket too. He is a known to stretch the truth, so in fact his actual worth may be below what he says it is.

He only needs the one. You people have claimed for 12 months that he "doesn't pay any taxes." You've been debunked with prejudice.

What do you mean you people?

I actually don't think he has any ties to Russia. I just think it is in the best interest of the public officials to release tax returns and be as transparent as possible when it comes to any potential conflict of interest or areas that could be exploited.
    I don't care about his 2005 tax return. I care about his 2015 and 2016 tax return.
    "Anything easy ain't worth a damn." Woody

vCash
    What do you mean you people?
    You know who you are.

I actually don't think he has any ties to Russia. I just think it is in the best interest of the public officials to release tax returns and be as transparent as possible when it comes to any potential conflict of interest or areas that could be exploited.
    I don't disagree, but the fact remains (as I stated above) that Trump's returns would be unlike any previously released byt a POTUS candidate...while I seriously doubt there are "conflicts of interest or areas that could be exploited," I'm sure that there would be no shortage of stuff that the democrats would cry about.

I don't care about his 2005 tax return. I care about his 2015 and 2016 tax return.
    That's silly. Why? What leads you to believe they'd be any different?

The question on the table was "we need to see his tax returns, so we can throw a fit about how little he pays." (Yes, I'm paraphrasing, but let's not pretend that wasn't the desired outcome.)

He just shut that down. Asking for 2015/2016 just looks petty at this point. Brian Fallon has the right idea...abandon this silliness and focus on the dumb healthcare replacement.

vCash

Yeah, but 1 year could grossly overstate what his actual effective rate is....especially a single return from over a decade ago.

I don't care that much. It seems to be mostly fodder for partisan press to bitch about effective rates, deductions/loopholes, how much they give to charity, etc.. None of that has much to do with their qualification to be POTUS.

Same with Bernie Sanders. I don't care. You're not a hypocrite for taking an allowed deduction you think should be eliminated Nobody does any differently. Maybe you want to take that savings and give it to charity, or family.

vCash
    Yeah, but 1 year could grossly overstate what his actual effective rate is....especially a single return from over a decade ago.

I don't care that much. It seems to be mostly fodder for partisan press to bitch about effective rates, deductions/loopholes, how much they give to charity, etc.. None of that has much to do with their qualification to be POTUS.

Same with Bernie Sanders. I don't care. You're not a hypocrite for taking an allowed deduction you think should be eliminated Nobody does any differently. Maybe you want to take that savings and give it to charity, or family.
    I agree...I'm sure he didn't choose 2005 by accident, and there are probably several years that he didn't pay 25%. I'd be willing to wager that he's in the 16-20% range most years, though.

vCash
    Hail Trump
    and now our great leader manages to insult our closest ally with a lie
    Quote Originally Posted by WebFire
    Thank you. I may have been heading for a ban myself.
    Don't worry you can say anything you want as long as you agree with the moderator's opinions.

vCash
    I didn't know we had any allies left after the last 8 years, unless you're counting Iran et.al...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuakerOats View Post
    I didn't know we had any allies left after the last 8 years, unless you're counting Iran et.al...
    Nah man, just Russia now, amirite?
    Seriously, what a dumb comment.

vCash
    Also, of note, the Solicitations for the prototypes for the Wall dropped on Friday.
    Two requirements, one for concrete ideas and one for other type of structures.
    Each contract will have a max value of $300M, so $600M total for the prototypes.

Bids are due end of March and they hope for Awards by May/ June to start.

Your tax dollars at work folks.
    https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...tabmode=list&=
    https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...ec024&_cview=1

vCash
    Also, of note, the Solicitations for the prototypes for the Wall dropped on Friday.
    Each contract will have a max value of $300M, so $600M total for the prototypes.
    But why are you dismissing the massive amounts of tourist dollars that will flow in to see such a "great, beautiful wall"?

vCash

lol, nobody is going to read this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiernan View Post
    Alright guys, I have a confession. I really am a drunk dead beat POS. My kids hate me and hope I die so they can at least collect my $10 of inheritance. I have no life .

vCash

Let's build bridges not walls
    Love trumps hate
    Kumbaya

Or, we could adhere to the U.S. Constitution, Article IV, Section 4.

vCash
    Let's build bridges not walls
    Love trumps hate
    Kumbaya

Or, we could adhere to the U.S. Constitution, Article IV, Section 4.
    Actually, I would like to spend that money on better roads, dams, deeper harbors, bridges, and fixing our D grade infrastructure.
    Give me better infrastructure instead of the wall.

Brudda o da bomber Devils Advocate's Avatar
    vCash
    I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don't know what he laced them with, but I've been tripping all day.

vCash
    Actually, I would like to spend that money on better roads, dams, deeper harbors, bridges, and fixing our D grade infrastructure.
    Crazy concept that has been overlooked for a couple decades now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiernan View Post
    Alright guys, I have a confession. I really am a drunk dead beat POS. My kids hate me and hope I die so they can at least collect my $10 of inheritance. I have no life .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
    Funny thing about that, is that most people I have seen online that want that wall built stronger also comment that Churches should be taxed...in other words they only want the wall to be a one way wall.

vCash
    Interestingly enough, I feel like we just spent a trillion dollars not long ago that, somehow, managed to address none of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by like_that View Post
    Crazy concept that has been overlooked for a couple decades now.
    Agreed.
    Interestingly enough, I feel like we just spent a trillion dollars not long ago that, somehow, managed to address none of that.
    Sure, but those projects were largely backlogged from previous years. So, it was just clearing the backlog. Now, we have that backlog again and even new requirements.
    The Trump team actually has done a good job at calling on Governors to submit a top 50 list. I'm sure people have seen the list. This one has been floated around since January and is encouraging.
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...128492164.html

vCash
    ^^^ except we didn't spend the trillion on actual projects (nor the 9 trillion that followed the first trillion). Almost all of it went to transfer payments. Sick.

vCash
    ^^^ except we didn't spend the trillion on actual projects (nor the 9 trillion that followed the first trillion). Almost all of it went to transfer payments. Sick.
    You can trash the policy back in 09, but the new Top 50 list is pretty much from the Trump team and Governors.

vCash
    Commentary I see in conservative circles is that they believe Obamacare will collapse on its own so vote down Obamacare light and move on.

I think it's goin down and Obamacare will be preserved! Of course, Obamacare isn't going to implode.

Maybe now with Trump in office more Republican states will expand medicaid and the ACA will work as designed.

vCash
    Obviously it will implode --- Marxism never works.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatShoes View Post
    Commentary I see in conservative circles is that they believe Obamacare will collapse on its own so vote down Obamacare light and move on.

I think it's goin down and Obamacare will be preserved! Of course, Obamacare isn't going to implode.

Maybe now with Trump in office more Republican states will expand medicaid and the ACA will work as designed.
    it may implode but sit there for some future democrat to revive it. Repeal and get it out of there alltogether