Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Random Travel Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by like_that View Post
    No, I was busy making fun of thavoice . Istanbul is hands down my favorite city. I know it's kind of a hot spot right now, but people are still traveling there. People are still traveling to Paris after a few attacks as well. I have a lot of food recommendations if you choose that route. Hopefully the festival isn't during Ramadan.

Edit: Also can recommend good spots to stay for airbnb.
    Istanbul...the only city in the world that is in two continents! Sorry...just thought I'd throw that in.

vCash
    No, I was busy making fun of thavoice . Istanbul is hands down my favorite city. I know it's kind of a hot spot right now, but people are still traveling there. People are still traveling to Paris after a few attacks as well. I have a lot of food recommendations if you choose that route. Hopefully the festival isn't during Ramadan.

Edit: Also can recommend good spots to stay for airbnb.
    In past years it's been the third weekend in August. My I believe my friend flew nonstop to Istanbul, stayed two days, then Bucharest. I'm not seeing that route when searching now, but I'm assuming it's too early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatik View Post
    I just got TSA Precheck this week and the guy who interviewed me and took my prints gave me a nice protip.

I mentioned how I originally wanted Global Entry because it also includes Precheck and is only $15 more, but I would have had to go all the way to JFK to interview so I opted out.

He told me to just download the Mobile Passport App. It's practically the same thing and free. You scan your passport and fill out the customs documents from your phone, it generates a QR code that you show at the customs window. You then bypass the crazy lines kiosk lines to enter customs.
    In your international travels did you find that you have to go through security TWICE? At a few I was at you go through the checks when you get into the airport, and then again before you enter the terminal.

Also on connecting flights you went through it again. Also been to one where you go through security as you LEAVE the airport as well. Better safe than sorry but was a pain...
    Indians: 2017 ALDS runners-up!

vCash
    Hmm yes, I think so, but I can't recall where exactly.

I remember going through a huge line once I arrived, security check, then came up to another huge line and got pissed again.

vCash
    Certain airports PreCheck is becoming a slower process than regular lines. But, as Like That said, not having to take out a laptop or take off shoes/belts/coats etc makes it worth it still.
    There's nothing more nerve racking than waiting in the McDonald's drive thru at 10:57 and wanting breakfast. -- Cody Zeller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatik View Post
    In past years it's been the third weekend in August. My I believe my friend flew nonstop to Istanbul, stayed two days, then Bucharest. I'm not seeing that route when searching now, but I'm assuming it's too early.
    Turkish Airlines definitely has a direct flight to istanbul at one of the 3 airports in your area. Ramadan is mid may to mid June, so you would be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiernan View Post
    Alright guys, I have a confession. I really am a drunk dead beat POS. My kids hate me and hope I die so they can at least collect my $10 of inheritance. I have no life .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laley23 View Post
    Certain airports PreCheck is becoming a slower process than regular lines. But, as Like That said, not having to take out a laptop or take off shoes/belts/coats etc makes it worth it still.
    Which airports? I have noticed precheck lines getting longer, but the whole process is still faster. It's like having a cash only vs apple pay line.
    Alright guys, I have a confession. I really am a drunk dead beat POS. My kids hate me and hope I die so they can at least collect my $10 of inheritance. I have no life .

Senior Pwner Commander of Awesome's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laley23 View Post
    I'd say every airport I've flown this yr. I travel quite a bit for work and I haven't even bothered getting in the pre-check line since May bc of this. Taking shoes off really isn't that big of a deal to me.
    "The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."

Senior Pwner Commander of Awesome's Avatar
    vCash
    Which airports? I have noticed precheck lines getting longer, but the whole process is still faster. It's like having a cash only vs apple pay line.
    SFO/Oak/Dal/PHX/PA/LAX/Long Beach are all examples of this becoming the trend. Having precheck is very common now. At worst it's equal majority of the time I travel.

I'm also not traveling when non business ppl are traveling majority of the time (IE not taking Friday night/Sunday afternoon flights).
    "The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander of Awesome View Post
    SFO/Oak/Dal/PHX/PA/LAX/Long Beach are all examples of this becoming the trend. Having precheck is very common now. At worst it's equal majority of the time I travel.

I'm also not traveling when non business ppl are traveling majority of the time (IE not taking Friday night/Sunday afternoon flights).
    I have flown out of Dallas and Lax relatively recently. DC has a lot of pre check too, because DoD (and I assume other agencies with a clearance) gets precheck. Still much faster than the regular line, even when they have the same amount of people.

vCash
    RDU (depending on time of day), PIT (was a damn zoo this AM), SAN and SBN.

South Bend is surprising to me, cause it mostly fans the day after a game...yet the precheck is still a longer process every other week to seems. The line is MUCH shorter, but only 1 agent checking ID/Boarding Pass and 1 lane open vs 3 for regular. This is the same type of problem at RDU, but they have started to have the same amount of lanes for precheck the last few months and it has really helped. Pittsburgh today was a mess. I don't even know what was going on, but it took forever at 4:45am to get through. Watched as some guy who checked in behind me walked out of security at the same time as me and he was regular.
    There's nothing more nerve racking than waiting in the McDonald's drive thru at 10:57 and wanting breakfast. -- Cody Zeller