Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: new Coach in Dalton

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    44618
    Posts
    5
    vCash
    146
    Rep Power
    0

    new Coach in Dalton

    Any word on who might be Dalton's next coach? Seems like they're being pretty tight lipped on this. Would of expected an article in The Daily Record with the "short list" by now.
    Maybe Aaron Dorksen can dig something up.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    827
    vCash
    86,641
    Rep Power
    16
    He just mentioned it in Sunday paper . 49 applicants, 7 are being interviewed. Haven't heard names though

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    827
    vCash
    86,641
    Rep Power
    16
    Paper said the new coach is broc dial. Played for northwest and BWallace. O.C. at Norton the last few years. Dad was former northwest coach. Beyond that, I don't know anything about him.

  4. #4
    Senior Member RedRider1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Orrville, OH
    Posts
    3,850
    vCash
    392,549
    Rep Power
    18
    http://www.fridaynightohio.com/news/...ons-head-coach

    Young kid...first head coaching gig...no current teaching openings in the district...rebuilding program. Not the ideal situation...but wish him the best.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    827
    vCash
    86,641
    Rep Power
    16
    Yea for sure, but let's be honest, when's the last time a local school not named Wooster got an experienced head coach (who wasn't going back to his alma mater)? Just doesn't happen much

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    91
    vCash
    17,739
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by 1486wd View Post
    Yea for sure, but let's be honest, when's the last time a local school not named Wooster got an experienced head coach (who wasn't going back to his alma mater)? Just doesn't happen much
    Dalton made a similar hire a few years ago with Ben Holt in basketball. That is working out well for them. I believe Holt does teach in the district as an intervention specialist. When a program has struggled as much as Dalton's football program has struggled, it is time to give somebody with a fresh perspective and new ideas a chance. Dial has a gigantic mess to clean up with the culture surrounding that football program. You don't go 1-9 unless there are some serious, systemic issues. Sounds like he is ready to embrace the challenge.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    827
    vCash
    86,641
    Rep Power
    16
    Agreed. Holt has turned out to be a very good hire. Dial seems pumped to go,so hopefully it works out as well

  8. #8
    Senior Member RedRider1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Orrville, OH
    Posts
    3,850
    vCash
    392,549
    Rep Power
    18
    An outsider is what they need right now.....strip away all the "status" families over there and put the best 11 on the field.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    44618
    Posts
    5
    vCash
    146
    Rep Power
    0
    I just hope that the Administration can keep their hands out of the program. They hired the guy, now let him coach!!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member 1_beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,630
    vCash
    557,613
    Rep Power
    31
    Looks like the found a good guy.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    44618
    Posts
    5
    vCash
    146
    Rep Power
    0
    Turns out the administration/board in Dalton picked the right guy. Broc Dial is responsible for one of the biggest turnarounds in Dalton history. He got the players to buy into his system and they all seem to like him. Next step is to work on building up the numbers. Winning goes a long way in doing that. And for those kids who quit because they didn't feel like competing for their position...enjoy watching the football team play in week 11.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    91
    vCash
    17,739
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymousindalton View Post
    Turns out the administration/board in Dalton picked the right guy. Broc Dial is responsible for one of the biggest turnarounds in Dalton history. He got the players to buy into his system and they all seem to like him. Next step is to work on building up the numbers. Winning goes a long way in doing that. And for those kids who quit because they didn't feel like competing for their position...enjoy watching the football team play in week 11.
    They definitely picked the right guy, and it looks like they are letting him coach as well. I think the fact that Dial was able to bring his own assistants on board was also a big benefit to everyone involved. He has completely revamped the culture and expectations of the program. Numbers have been such a problem for Dalton recently, but I'm guessing that this season will have kids coming out in droves next spring/summer. They are a physical, hard nosed team.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    827
    vCash
    86,641
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by 187xovr View Post
    They definitely picked the right guy, and it looks like they are letting him coach as well. I think the fact that Dial was able to bring his own assistants on board was also a big benefit to everyone involved. He has completely revamped the culture and expectations of the program. Numbers have been such a problem for Dalton recently, but I'm guessing that this season will have kids coming out in droves next spring/summer. They are a physical, hard nosed team.
    well said. They have some decent talent in jr high as well so if he can get/keep the numbers up, good things will keep happening

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    8,651
    Rep Power
    5
    Good coach.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •