Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 658

Thread: Orrville football 2015

  1. #26
    Senior Member Old Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,470
    vCash
    246,957
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by sanitizer View Post
    Impressive list,

    I think that 93 and 94 pole vault champed spelled his name RIFFLE, unless he was French? Congrats to all that competed to find the best of the best!
    I thought he was French?


  2. #27
    Senior Member RedRider1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Orrville, OH
    Posts
    3,850
    vCash
    392,549
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by sanitizer View Post
    Impressive list,

    I think that 93 and 94 pole vault champed spelled his name RIFFLE, unless he was French? Congrats to all that competed to find the best of the best!
    That's my fault. I had the name spelled wrong. I fixed it and updated the list with the newest state champ.

  3. #28
    Senior Member Old Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,470
    vCash
    246,957
    Rep Power
    20
    The Riders will be wearing a matte black helmet this year. The stripes will also be a bit different. Staying with the red stripe and then going with just one white stripe on each side. Face mask will stay red.


  4. #29
    Senior Member rrfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,922
    vCash
    175,764
    Rep Power
    21
    I don't care what they wear I just want to see some wins.

  5. #30
    Senior Member Old Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,470
    vCash
    246,957
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by rrfan View Post
    I don't care what they wear I just want to see some wins.
    I wouldn't count on seeing much of that this season...maybe 3-4 wins


  6. #31
    Senior Member rrfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,922
    vCash
    175,764
    Rep Power
    21
    I am personally sick of seeing all the new turf and change of helmets and uniforms...if they can't win any games I just don't care about that stuff. Those things should be done when you are 8-0 and have a big game on the line. Then you come out with the new helmet.

  7. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,364
    vCash
    2,235
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by rrfan View Post
    I am personally sick of seeing all the new turf and change of helmets and uniforms...if they can't win any games I just don't care about that stuff. Those things should be done when you are 8-0 and have a big game on the line. Then you come out with the new helmet.
    There is a local program that changes stuff often as well over the years hoping it changes the results.

    and it doesnt!

    I guess with all they see now in college football it is something kids expect and think they need to get fired up! Hell our uniforms have been the same for well over a decade. Son says 'they need to change them and make em look cool'.

    My only answer is......Winning is the coolest thing a team can do.
    Indians: 2017 ALDS runners-up!

  8. #33
    Senior Member sanitizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    288
    vCash
    40,243
    Rep Power
    13
    Winning is the coolest thing a team can do.
    Boom, drops mic, walks off stage!
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell :thumbup:

  9. #34
    Senior Member rrfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,922
    vCash
    175,764
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by sanitizer View Post
    Boom, drops mic, walks off stage!
    Amen!

  10. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,085
    vCash
    115,957
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Rider View Post
    The Riders will be wearing a matte black helmet this year. The stripes will also be a bit different. Staying with the red stripe and then going with just one white stripe on each side. Face mask will stay red.
    Different helmet, same coach, same lack of community support because of coach, same results! 1-9!!

    Enjoy!!

  11. #36
    Senior Member rrfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,922
    vCash
    175,764
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider Nation View Post
    Different helmet, same coach, same lack of community support because of coach, same results! 1-9!!

    Enjoy!!
    LOL! There he is. Good job adding nothing again. You never answered our questions about the baseball program...You went on and on about how good that coach is and yet the season was a disaster loosing many games with scores like 15-2 or 20-2 or name your number. Now I am smart enough to know that is not a coaching problem but would like to hear your side of this since you will have to be creative to justify this. Ready go!

  12. #37
    Senior Member CCRolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wooster/Avon Lake OH
    Posts
    786
    vCash
    84,297
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider Nation View Post
    I'm an @$$hat who knows nothing about the game. Yet, my vast Madden knowledge and abilities would guide this team to an undisputed State Title if I were the coach...
    Fixed that for you there buddy.

  13. #38
    Senior Member rrfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,922
    vCash
    175,764
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRolly View Post
    Fixed that for you there buddy.
    Perfect.

  14. #39
    Senior Member RedRider1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Orrville, OH
    Posts
    3,850
    vCash
    392,549
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by rrfan View Post
    I am personally sick of seeing all the new turf and change of helmets and uniforms...if they can't win any games I just don't care about that stuff. Those things should be done when you are 8-0 and have a big game on the line. Then you come out with the new helmet.
    I'm not disagreeing...but most schools in the area have changed uniforms and/or helmets in the past few years...with maybe the exception of Smithville.

    Wooster changes helmets yearly
    Chippewa is going to a white helmet
    Triway had some nice new unis last year
    Massillon....enough said
    Norwayne, Rittman both have had updates recently.

    ..and on and on.....

    it's just a thing that kids are into....and if it helps kids get excited....go for it. The helmets get reconditioned every year already...so it's not like a lot of extra time goes into it.

    I wish new uniforms would come with it....tired of looking at our worn out jerseys and pants from the 90's....while a program like Triway gets all new everything. Rittman wears Nike uniforms for goodness sakes.....but we act like it's slapping tradition in the face. Nothing wrong with gear that fits right.

  15. #40
    Senior Member Old Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,470
    vCash
    246,957
    Rep Power
    20
    ^^^ Exactly! A new set of reds and whites please.


  16. #41
    Senior Member sanitizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    288
    vCash
    40,243
    Rep Power
    13
    Stuff is THAT old? I just assumed with all the renovations and improvements made to the old school and facilities we HAD new pants???? WOW!!!!
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell :thumbup:

  17. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25
    vCash
    12,431
    Rep Power
    0
    Winning makes good things happen!

  18. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,085
    vCash
    115,957
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by rrfan View Post
    LOL! There he is. Good job adding nothing again. You never answered our questions about the baseball program...You went on and on about how good that coach is and yet the season was a disaster loosing many games with scores like 15-2 or 20-2 or name your number. Now I am smart enough to know that is not a coaching problem but would like to hear your side of this since you will have to be creative to justify this. Ready go!
    And you never answered mine about why Dougie was throwing the ball back in 2011 when Triway had no timeouts and the game clearly in hand in the playoffs! The baseball program will be back. The coach is involved with the youth program and it's good from top to bottom but I'm sure you will be cheering for them to lose just to prove a point because you are a moron! Last question for you is this: when Orrville goes to the PAC 7 and still rattles off 3 or 4 losing seasons then what? Wait till then right? 7-23 in your last 3 seasons hasn't convinced you yet?? Enjoy the ride!

  19. #44
    Senior Member rrfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,922
    vCash
    175,764
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRider1 View Post
    I'm not disagreeing...but most schools in the area have changed uniforms and/or helmets in the past few years...with maybe the exception of Smithville.

    Wooster changes helmets yearly
    Chippewa is going to a white helmet
    Triway had some nice new unis last year
    Massillon....enough said
    Norwayne, Rittman both have had updates recently.

    ..and on and on.....

    it's just a thing that kids are into....and if it helps kids get excited....go for it. The helmets get reconditioned every year already...so it's not like a lot of extra time goes into it.

    I wish new uniforms would come with it....tired of looking at our worn out jerseys and pants from the 90's....while a program like Triway gets all new everything. Rittman wears Nike uniforms for goodness sakes.....but we act like it's slapping tradition in the face. Nothing wrong with gear that fits right.
    Funny you bring this up. There was a push to switch up the uniforms probably 20 years ago and the doors got slammed on it fast. Tradition was the reason then but now it is fine to switch the helmets up. I am not saying I am against it but I would prefer to win.

  20. #45
    Senior Member rrfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,922
    vCash
    175,764
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider Nation View Post
    And you never answered mine about why Dougie was throwing the ball back in 2011 when Triway had no timeouts and the game clearly in hand in the playoffs! The baseball program will be back. The coach is involved with the youth program and it's good from top to bottom but I'm sure you will be cheering for them to lose just to prove a point because you are a moron! Last question for you is this: when Orrville goes to the PAC 7 and still rattles off 3 or 4 losing seasons then what? Wait till then right? 7-23 in your last 3 seasons hasn't convinced you yet?? Enjoy the ride!
    I am the one that said the move to the PAC will not help us. Try and keep up and nice job on the name calling. You show your IQ with that kind of talk on here.

    Talent wins games and it does not matter if it is Football or Baseball. My point was you say you have a great baseball coach...I am not saying you don't but if he has no talent he can not win. Welcome to the football program.

  21. #46
    Senior Member RedRider1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Orrville, OH
    Posts
    3,850
    vCash
    392,549
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by rrfan View Post
    I am not saying I am against it but I would prefer to win.
    Who wouldn't prefer to win?? We're all on that page....

  22. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,085
    vCash
    115,957
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by rrfan View Post
    I am the one that said the move to the PAC will not help us. Try and keep up and nice job on the name calling. You show your IQ with that kind of talk on here.

    Talent wins games and it does not matter if it is Football or Baseball. My point was you say you have a great baseball coach...I am not saying you don't but if he has no talent he can not win. Welcome to the football program.
    Still avoiding my question?? I've yet to get that answered 4 years later

  23. #48
    Senior Member rrfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,922
    vCash
    175,764
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider Nation View Post
    Still avoiding my question?? I've yet to get that answered 4 years later
    What is your question? I fully assume we will go to the PAC and get beat often. If you have no talent it does not matter what league you play in.

  24. #49
    Senior Member Old Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,470
    vCash
    246,957
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by rrfan View Post
    I fully assume we will go to the PAC and get beat often.
    Really?? I disagree, but we shall see...


  25. #50
    Senior Member RedRider1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Orrville, OH
    Posts
    3,850
    vCash
    392,549
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by rrfan View Post
    What is your question? I fully assume we will go to the PAC and get beat often. If you have no talent it does not matter what league you play in.
    The last few years we'd have been much more of a 5-5 team in the PAC, than the 2-8 we've been in the OCC. Are we all ecstatic over that? No. But it is what it is when you look at the breadth and depth of talent we have right now.

    In my opinion, we go 3-4 or 4-3 in the PAC last year.

    Do we win the league in the last few years? No. Are we getting beat 40-7 & 50-14? No.

    Even with a dip in talent...we're a competitor in the PAC each and every week.

    Will we go undefeated forever and ever once we join the PAC?? Certainly not. Anyone thinking that better get the "fire the coach" petitions ready. It's not realistic.

    The 1980's era of dominance were 30 years ago...and aren't coming back.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •