Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wayne County Athletic League Football 2015

STILL doing all I can to expose the fakes known as Hunter86 & 1_beast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_beast View Post
    WCALFAN? Where do we stand? How do we look?
    Looked awful last Friday but didn't have Stanley.

vCash
    Can't wait for the season to get under way! Any predictions on this Fridays' games??
    Here are mine
    Smithville over Tuslaw
    Waynedale over Tusky Valley
    Northwestwern over Akron North
    Chippewa over Wellington
    Hubbard over Norwayne
    Garaway over Dalton
    Richmond Heights over Rittman
    Manchester over Hillsdale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsmithie View Post
    Can't wait for the season to get under way! Any predictions on this Fridays' games??
    Here are mine
    Smithville over Tuslaw
    Waynedale over Tusky Valley
    Northwestwern over Akron North
    Chippewa over Wellington
    Hubbard over Norwayne
    Garaway over Dalton
    Richmond Heights over Rittman
    Manchester over Hillsdale
    Tuslaw,Waynedale,Northwestern,Chipps,Hubbard,Garaw ay, Richmond, Hillsdale

vCash
    Good Luck to ALL Wayne County teams this season...Its here!!!

vCash
    Mine would be the same as alum

vCash
    Rittman over Richmond heights! Should have taken some bets. Any final on Norwayne? It was within a field goal last i heard.

vCash
    Final
    Hubbard -22
    Norwayne - 19

vCash
    well Smithville kick the crap out of tuslaw!!!! and i mean we whooped them.... our fullback had 225+ and 4 td, tb had 100+ and we had a wr had 70+ and a td, so all u guys that picked tuslaw can eat that!!!!!! Smithville should be very good this year, Smithville should be 3 and 0 before league play starts.... then the **** will hit the fan for most country teams.... its going to be very tough for everyone this year!!!!! lets hear from u all!!!!
    Last edited by O-Trap; 08.31.2015 at 04:37 PM.

vCash
    someone had a few drinks tonight

vCash
    Well, Congrats to Smithville, Waynedale, Northwestern, Chippewa, Hillsdale, and Rittman!!! All winning last night. Norwayne played Hubbard tough!!and Dalton hung in there against Garaway. Looks like it is going to be a GOOD year for WCAL football. There are going to be some really great games when league play starts. Smithville had an outstanding game last night, with a big night for the offensive and defensive lines!!!! Vast improvement from last year. I really enjoyed watching the game last night!

vCash
    Of the league wins, Hillsdale is the only team that won against a team above JV caliber. and who knows,Manchester may be really down this year. I was actually most impressed with Norwayne even with a loss. They have to be pretty darn good to have hung with Hubbard. It should be a great year with probably 5 teams able to legitimately contend.

Chief Shenanigans Officer O-Trap's Avatar
    vCash
    Let's hope for a few wins for everyone before league play starts. Always nice when every team carries some second-level points into league play.
    "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labeled? [...] That's why people wait until they're in the voting booth. No one's watching anymore. There's no blame or shame or anything, and you can finally say what you really think, and that is a powerful thing." - Thomas Walker as Jonathan Pie

vCash
    The second week of the season is upon us. I can actually see all of the WCAL teams winning this week. Waynedale will have a tough one against Ridgewood, Don't know much about Hillsdales' opponent Willard or Chippewas' opponent Beachwood.

vCash
    This is by far the weakest Non-conference schedule we have seen in many years for the WCAL. Some real bad teams for non league games. That won't help come playoff time.

vCash
    I really don't agree, It is only one week into the season and a little early to tell if the non league games are weak. Manchester, Hubbard, Ridgewood, Loudonville, Garaway Triway and Columbia are all very good teams on a year in year out basis. I think there has been an effort to strengthen the non league Schedules. No one can tell the future and most of these games are signed a couple years in advance. Time will tell.

vCash
    It's also worth noting that too difficult a non-conference schedule might result in losses, which can harm teams' abilities to even make it to Week 11. In the Harbin point system, a loss is worth 0 points.
    "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labeled? [...] That's why people wait until they're in the voting booth. No one's watching anymore. There's no blame or shame or anything, and you can finally say what you really think, and that is a powerful thing." - Thomas Walker as Jonathan Pie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by O-Trap View Post
    It's also worth noting that too difficult a non-conference schedule might result in losses, which can harm teams' abilities to even make it to Week 11. In the Harbin point system, a loss is worth 0 points.

Excellent point

vCash
    Wish I didn't have plans tonight. Smithville is playing the locals. Would love to see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by O-Trap View Post
    Wish I didn't have plans tonight. Smithville is playing the locals. Would love to see it.
    If you not busy tomorrow come up to Beachwood and watch the league champs drop 60+ on another team that thinks they belong on the same field as our Chipps, it's going to get old saying that week after week.

vCash
    My nephew has his first birthday party tomorrow afternoon/evening, so it's not likely. I'm sure the Chipps will make it uneventful.

Trust me, I'm a doctor! Dr. KnOiTaLL's Avatar
    vCash
    Yawnsville at Smithville tonight. 55-6 at half. Didn't stay for the second half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. KnOiTaLL View Post
    Gomes is not batting above .270, and I would put a bet on that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. KnOiTaLL View Post
    Yawnsville at Smithville tonight. 55-6 at half. Didn't stay for the second half.
    well i have seen the worsted team i have ever seen tonight!!!!!! Akron North should not have a football team if that's that beat they can do!!!!!! 55-6 at half 74-12 when it ended. The first team only played one series in the second half!!!! "thank god it ended!!!!!" next week bring on Fairless!!!!!!!

vCash
    You haven't seen much football. Consider your opponent, their talent pool, etc. Be humble. Norwane might put 60 on you!!! Chippewa 70!
    Last edited by 1_beast; 09.05.2015 at 02:36 AM.

vCash
    Congrats to Waynedale, Norwayne, Smithville, Rittman, Hillsdale and Northwestern on winning last night. Chippewa plays today! 1 Beast, take it easy on the young man from Smithville! lol he is just excited. On a side note, I highly doubt that anyone hangs 60 or 70 points on Smithville this year. The league will be highly competitive this season and I am looking forward to league play! Things should get interesting for Smithville this week as Fairless 2-0 comes to town.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsmithie View Post
    Congrats to Waynedale, Norwayne, Smithville, Rittman, Hillsdale and Northwestern on winning last night. Chippewa plays today! 1 Beast, take it easy on the young man from Smithville! lol he is just excited. On a side note, I highly doubt that anyone hangs 60 or 70 points on Smithville this year. The league will be highly competitive this season and I am looking forward to league play! Things should get interesting for Smithville this week as Fairless 2-0 comes to town.
    I agree.......nobody is hanging 60-70 points on Smithville this season.