Page 269 of 269 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259267268269
Results 6,701 to 6,723 of 6723

Thread: 2013 Cleveland Browns Thread: RIP Chud

paying it forward
    vCash
    ^^^I understand your line of thinking, and you make a valid point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HitsRus View Post
    If you are constantly self evaluating, and you have determined that you made a mistake, when do you go about correcting it? Do you wait and hope it works out...or do you go about fixing it promptly? This front office determined that TRich was a mistake, and they jumped on the opportunity to correct it. Why should they continue on with Chud, just because he was 'their' mistake?
    ....and there are plenty of reasons to think he is/was a mistake. The QB situation didn't help, but as noted earlier in the thread, that might be an excuse for not making the playoffs, but not finishing 4-12. Just contrast the way the Jets played out their season vs. the Browns....the Jets saved their coach's job...the Browns were embarrassing.
    Teams in all sports get rid of "mistakes" made by a previous regime much quicker than they do their own. Just how it goes.

The jets did save Rex's job. He told the team a few weeks ago he was basically fired.

No such thing was even thought of in Cleveland. No one really expected this. Maybe they should have floated it out there a week or two ago and see how the players react.

Or Haslan wanted him gone so bad that they didnt want the players to try and rally around hime...
    < 1%er.

vCash
    Mack has stated(albeit before the Chud firing) that he really wants to stay.

Mack and Ward are gone.

They will be replaced with low cost options.
    I've seen no indications that Jimmy Haslaam is Paul Dolan in disguise. The Browns have plenty of cap room.
    This pitch is coming right at you...I dare you to hit it.

vCash

I've seen no indications that Jimmy Haslaam is Paul Dolan in disguise. The Browns have plenty of cap room.
    Both Mack and Ward have stated they want to stay. I see them signing at least one of them. The only guy that has been saying Mack is a goner all along, is Iggy. Just assuming like always. I hope this is another assumption that bites him in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiernan View Post
    Alright guys, I have a confession. I really am a drunk dead beat POS. My kids hate me and hope I die so they can at least collect my $10 of inheritance. I have no life .

vCash

Was just looking up that stuff.

And also with the new CBA rules, teams have to spend a minimum so owners cannot just sit on the $$$. Thing is...who do the browns give it to? Overpay for free agents? Sign some of their own guys with big $$$?
    < 1%er.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
    Was just looking up that stuff.

And also with the new CBA rules, teams have to spend a minimum so owners cannot just sit on the $$$. Thing is...who do the browns give it to? Overpay for free agents? Sign some of their own guys with big $$$?
    I would hope they would sign and extend their own pro bowlers first.
    Alright guys, I have a confession. I really am a drunk dead beat POS. My kids hate me and hope I die so they can at least collect my $10 of inheritance. I have no life .

vCash
    Also, this might be the first time the Browns use their franchise tag on somebody not named Phil Dawson.

vCash
    Maybe they should have floated it out there a week or two ago and see how the players react.
    Why should that make a difference? These are the pros....a good coach has his players prepared playing hard all the time. Moreover, fan opinion, and player opinion shouldn't dictate what football decisions are to be made.

vCash
    Why should that make a difference? These are the pros....a good coach has his players prepared playing hard all the time. Moreover, fan opinion, and player opinion shouldn't dictate what football decisions are to be made.
    Just was stating off of what you said how the Jets players played to save their coaches job and teh browns didnt. Yeah, they shoulda played hard ,but they didnt. If they knew their coach'sjob was on the line would they have played harder?
    < 1%er.

vCash
    Adam Gase declines chance to interview with Cleveland

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...w-with-browns/

vCash
    If they knew their coach'sjob was on the line would they have played harder?
    Pros should be playing hard all the time. That they weren't does not reflect well on the coach.

This reminds me a little of the "bulletin board material" thread on College football forum a few months back. Some were arguing that BB material doesn't make a player 'play harder', and I was arguing that sometimes extra incentive does motivate players to reach for a little extra especially at lower levels (college and below). I may be wrong...that may extend even to the pros based on what Ryan was able to tap into with the Jets.

So was it extra incentive to save the coach's job or good coaching or both?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turdo View Post

DERP

Quote Originally Posted by se-alum View Post
    So we have guys that could get their first head coaching job turning down an interview with the Browns. Laughing stock.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 31s Denver Broncos OC Adam Gase declines chance to interview with Cleveland Browns http://dlvr.it/4c8MFD
    Quote Originally Posted by friendfromlowry View Post
    I think someone (Ian Rapoport?) clarified that he wasn't doing any interviews with anyone until the season was over.

vCash
    Pros should be playing hard all the time. That they weren't does not reflect well on the coach.

This reminds me a little of the "bulletin board material" thread on College football forum a few months back. Some were arguing that BB material doesn't make a player 'play harder', and I was arguing that sometimes extra incentive does motivate players to reach for a little extra especially at lower levels (college and below). I may be wrong...that may extend even to the pros based on what Ryan was able to tap into with the Jets.

So was it extra incentive to save the coach's job or good coaching or both?
    I agree with you, but I also believe it isnt just college and below, it is at any level.
    I do believe BB material, no matter the stakes in a game, can help a team. No matter how focused and determined you are, no matter how hard you work...you can always be more focused and work harder.
    I think even in the NFL going into the last game if there is any inkling your coach is gone you will play hard for him if he has the team.
    Granted, or should I say, granite, this was a division game vs the hated steelers. The browns should have been up for this game, and they werent. It is the coaches job to get them ready, no doubt about that. There is alot of blame to go around, but I can pretty much gaurantee you that if Chuds name was floating around for the last few weeks about how he could get fired I bet they would have come out with more fire. It is just human nature.
    < 1%er.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo212000 View Post

Espn ws reporting that last night or this morning that he wasnt interested in going to the browns.

Smart move on his part......he has a chance to get to the holy grail with the Broncos and manning this year. His stock will only rise if they can win it all this year and he can be more selective in the job he takes.

A good spot to go to is a place that had a down year, or two, in between alot of success. Kind of like Tomlin and the steelers. He came into a great situation. Cowher won a SB, came back for a listless season, and bam. Houston would be a good spot, even atlanta if they had fired their coach after this horrid season.
    Gases' name is now out there with his association with the broncos, and it can only get better.

with that said though...with how PM goes about things how integral is the OC? If course he helps and does alot, but PM is the engine that runs that machine with his film study and play calling
    < 1%er.

vCash
    Espn ws reporting that last night or this morning that he wasnt interested in going to the browns.

Smart move on his part......he has a chance to get to the holy grail with the Broncos and manning this year. His stock will only rise if they can win it all this year and he can be more selective in the job he takes.

A good spot to go to is a place that had a down year, or two, in between alot of success. Kind of like Tomlin and the steelers. He came into a great situation. Cowher won a SB, came back for a listless season, and bam. Houston would be a good spot, even atlanta if they had fired their coach after this horrid season.
    Gases' name is now out there with his association with the broncos, and it can only get better.

with that said though...with how PM goes about things how integral is the OC? If course he helps and does alot, but PM is the engine that runs that machine with his film study and play calling
    Espn said he wasn't interested in any interviews before the broncos season is over. Nice try though. I frankly don't want a 35 year old child coaching the browns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by like_that View Post
    Espn said he wasn't interested in any interviews before the broncos season is over. Nice try though. I frankly don't want a 35 year old child coaching the browns.
    Well what I heard on ESPN was that he had turned them down.....so maybe they meant he is turning everyone down.

I dont know if he would be a good fit anyways.
    < 1%er.

vCash
    Yea, because Cowher and Tomlin were 34 when they were hired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoPens View Post
    Yea, because Cowher and Tomlin were 34 when they were hired.
    Oh, did they have manning do all the work for them when they were offensive coordinators?

vCash
    Oh, did they have manning do all the work for them when they were offensive coordinators?
    Exactly.

I would stay
    < 1%er.

vCash
    Super pumped to have thavoice all over the Cleveland browns threads...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsAndLady View Post
    and waht is wrong with that? At times I will be a dick just as some fun, but first and foremost I am a football fan and like to talk football.
    Not much steelers talk on here. Most my friends are bengals/browns fans and always talk to them about shit. Ya know what they say..keep your friends close and your enemies closer? I know more about the bengals/browns than alot of their own fans do I have found!
    < 1%er.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsAndLady View Post
    lol, my thoughts exactly, but his posts are 10x better than IQQY's.

and waht is wrong with that? At times I will be a dick just as some fun, but first and foremost I am a football fan and like to talk football.
    Not much steelers talk on here. Most my friends are bengals/browns fans and always talk to them about shit. Ya know what they say..keep your friends close and your enemies closer? I know more about the bengals/browns than alot of their own fans do I have found!
    Maybe the Bengals, because bengals fans are pathetic, but other than IQQY, you don' know more than Browns fans about their own team lol, sorry.

vCash
    [QUOTE=like_that;1559748]lol, my thoughts exactly, but his posts are 10x better than IQQY's.

Maybe the Bengals, because bengals fans are pathetic, but other than IQQY, you don' know more than Browns fans about their own team lol, sorry.[/QUO
    Said a number of their fans. When I can talk to some so called browns fans and know more about their roster and such than they do then yeah....
    OF course all of you browns fans on here are experts on the team but I know enough about them to talk intelligently and what is going on.
    < 1%er.