Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Campbell Memorial Red Devils Off Season Thread! 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDean1 View Post
    Campbell does not have any open dates. Regardless of the fact the Big Red may be a little down, Campbell would have to take a big step forward to belong on the same field with Steubenville. Campbell needs to put teams on the field like they did during 1985 through 1993. The kids were tough as nails and very physical. The Big Red has never stopped being tough and physical. Campbell would get embarrassed.
    I must beg to differ with you. I think Big Red will be down and I think Campbell would be very competitive. Since you have no open dates, the whole issue is moot. I myself am starting a campaign to get rid of the Big Red coach. Despite his record, he is an embarrassment to the whole community. This could be a very bad year for Big Red. I still plan to fly in from Houston to see some games, but I expect to be disappointed. Anyway, maybe we could schedule each other next year. As I said on a previous posting, we Big Red people have very high regard for Campbell. I would like to see us play each other again.

vCash
    Off-season numbers are really good and that's without the bball players. Kids have been working really hard and there's a different attitude. You would really be shocked at who's been steppin up as leaders.

I hope it keeps up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scoreboard View Post
    Off-season numbers are really good and that's without the bball players. Kids have been working really hard and there's a different attitude. You would really be shocked at who's been steppin up as leaders.

I hope it keeps up.
    I've heard this all before, many times. I'll be shocked if this all comes to fruition.
    CAMPBELL MEMORIAL HIGH SCHOOL PRIDE !!!

vCash
    I've heard this all before, many times. I'll be shocked if this all comes to fruition.
    same here!! would love nothing more then a team i could be proud of... but last year was the biggest let down in a long time...
    Proud Creek Parent!! Go Creek!!!

vCash
    Lots of talk 8th grader Laz lebron is considering transferring to Mooney. He went to their open house. Hate to lose him if he does leave.

Welcome to the Jungle Spread All Day's Avatar
    vCash
    He is going. We lost one too. Sepesy

vCash
    Yea Laz is gone. Heard the promised he'd play QB. Wonder how long before he realizes they lied.

vCash
    ^ Mooney is full of frauds and crooks.

vCash
    Aren't the sepesys through n through struthers fam?

vCash
    Absolutely.

vCash
    Dave Sep was a nice RB in his day.

vCash
    what a damn shame... Man... Cant stay home... then again. with Mooney comes lots of promises. Then again he might not get to start if at all till he is a senior. Well i say they don't want to be a devil or Wildcat so be it...

Truly truly sad. Mooney needs to be stopped. But hell year after year of this and why change now. Sepesys is the most shocking of all... That name goes with Struthers like Horvath. Sad sad. I found out about Sepesy through Toby Louk. And Mike Horvath.
    Last edited by reddevil90; 03.14.2013 at 11:46 PM.

- Wildcat Pride
    vCash
    Spread, are you sure Sep is bailing? I heard he was staying...
    Dave assured a good friend of mine, who coached Alex last year, that he was staying put. I guess time will tell.

- Wildcat Pride
    vCash
    Spread, are you sure Sep is bailing? I heard he was staying...
    Dave assured a good friend of mine, who coached Alex last year, that he was staying put. I guess time will tell.

vCash
    He is definitely gone.

vCash
    Sad thing is they won 3 games last year and had everyone back. This year they lose everyone and won't win more than another 3 games, but still pull kids from our community

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by omemorialhigh View Post
    Sad thing is they won 3 games last year and had everyone back. This year they lose everyone and won't win more than another 3 games, but still pull kids from our community
    And the bottom line is, there is nothing that can or will ever be done about it. Mooney sells itself to these kids because of the reputation they have for getting kids exposed to the better college programs. Each and every local public school is vulnerable to the same thing as Campbell and Struthers.

vCash
    ^. Yup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
    ^. Yup
    That being said, young Mr. Sepesy was a pain in the keaster for our Red Devils. Too bad he is no longer part of our long rivalry. Or course I wish him nothing but the best.

vCash
    That being said, young Mr. Sepesy was a pain in the keaster for our Red Devils. Too bad he is no longer part of our long rivalry. Or course I wish him nothing but the best.
    Agree Dean! Sad day when you see that a Sepesy leaves Struthers. And Struthers has a good chance at another winning season or better. But nothing anyone can do. Cant believe the parents even allowed the very thought.

But it has happened to Campbell on a yearly basis. we are kind of immune to loseing kids to Ursuline and Mooney. Hell i seen a Sorento on Struthers team last year. But the parents preach Soup City on there Facebook. Loyalty on there Facebook to Campbell. Yeah loyalty is as only good as long as it don't have to do with the schools we went to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reddevil90 View Post
    Agree Dean! Sad day when you see that a Sepesy leaves Struthers. And Struthers has a good chance at another winning season or better. But nothing anyone can do. Cant believe the parents even allowed the very thought.

But it has happened to Campbell on a yearly basis. we are kind of immune to loseing kids to Ursuline and Mooney. Hell i seen a Sorento on Struthers team last year. But the parents preach Soup City on there Facebook. Loyalty on there Facebook to Campbell. Yeah loyalty is as only good as long as it don't have to do with the schools we went to.
    Serrano?

vCash
    Serrano?
    Thanks spread. Yeah!! I went to school with his father. Frank Serrano! I was best friends with him also in the late 80's and into the late 90's... I could never get his last name right. I use to call him Steal. Or coke bottles. I hung with the rough crowed back then..... Until my Ex wife got tired of our them trashing the house on a weekly basis. I use to live on Hawthorne street. I was married into the Horvath's and Louk's.
    Last edited by reddevil90; 03.17.2013 at 09:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reddevil90 View Post
    Thanks spread. Yeah!! I went to school with his father. Frank Serrano! I was best friends with him also in the late 80's and into the late 90's... I could never get his last name right. I use to call him Steal. Or coke bottles. I hung with the rough crowed back then..... Until my Ex wife got tired of our them trashing the house on a weekly basis. I use to live on Hawthorne street. I was married into the Horvath's and Louk's.
    yeah thats his name too. Frankie i believe. He had a pick 6 vs cmhs this past season, should start next year for the cats

vCash
    yeah thats his name too. Frankie i believe. He had a pick 6 vs cmhs this past season, should start next year for the cats
    Yeah he did. He is a good player... He will fit into the program there nicely.

vCash
    Ok since this thread has went a bit off topic. Ill try to get it back onto topic.

Has anyone got some news about how the team is doing as far as numbers so far. I know they are hitting the bars good. they did that last year and it didn't show on the field. I have heard there could be up 40 50 players to start out this year. Do we have a clear cut Qb this season? What about the lines? We lost some size last year. and Speed should still be our bread and butter. Coaching better get these kids to understand this is a team a family. Not a show off competition. Who is the offencive coach this year? what about defense? Has there been a change there also?
    Last edited by reddevil90; 03.17.2013 at 10:03 PM.