Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: Alabama Crimson Tide vs Indianapolis Colts?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,210
    vCash
    14,734
    Rep Power
    13

    Alabama Crimson Tide vs Indianapolis Colts?

    I just got into a pretty heated argument with two guys (SEC fans) where 1 person said that Indianapolis couldn't score on Alabama's defense. And the other said Alabama could beat Indianapolis (Without Peyton Manning)

    I said the Colts could NAME there score on them and it was the dumbest thing I've ever heard. We probably argued for 2 hours over it.

    What say you?

  2. #2
    GOAT Laley23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23,385
    vCash
    42,180
    Rep Power
    49
    lol. Colts would run over any NCAA team. They beat 2 NFL teams. GTFOH 2 guys I dont know lol.
    There's nothing more nerve racking than waiting in the McDonald's drive thru at 10:57 and wanting breakfast. -- Cody Zeller

  3. #3
    Original Chatterer chicago510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    5,751
    vCash
    7,198
    Rep Power
    18
    My argument is always this. Alabama probably has 10-15 Pros on their team. The Colts have 85! So GTFO with that argument.
    Time and change will surely show...How firm thy friendship, O-HI-O

  4. #4
    R.I.P Thread Bomber THE4RINGZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wooster, Ohio
    Posts
    16,920
    vCash
    9,596
    Rep Power
    29
    Colts by 40.
    Shot Caller...WCM

  5. #5
    Senior Member Terry_Tate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,196
    vCash
    17,827
    Rep Power
    28
    Lol. Bama wouldn't be able to get a pass off with Freeney and Mathis at DE.
    You kill the jo, you make some mo\'!

  6. #6
    Bold faced liar... ytownfootball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    6,982
    vCash
    7,213
    Rep Power
    20
    The south...still delusional since getting their ass handed to them in 1865. Should have Pattoned their ass.
    You'll have that...

  7. #7
    R.I.P Thread Bomber THE4RINGZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wooster, Ohio
    Posts
    16,920
    vCash
    9,596
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by ytownfootball View Post
    The south...still delusional since getting their ass handed to them in 1865. Should have Pattoned their ass.
    1865?

    Try 1861, 1862, 1863, 1864, and 1865.
    Shot Caller...WCM

  8. #8
    Bold faced liar... ytownfootball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    6,982
    vCash
    7,213
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by THE4RINGZ View Post
    1865?

    Try 1861, 1862, 1863, 1864, and 1865.
    You'll have that...

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    49
    vCash
    10,206
    Rep Power
    0
    SEC fans could carry on an argument for 2 hours? Please......

  10. #10
    Legend sleeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    19,541
    vCash
    15,373
    Rep Power
    62
    Colts by 70. 70-0
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hudson
    Posts
    7,664
    vCash
    17,832
    Rep Power
    17
    The Colts? Hell Bama would beat the Packers too. Way too mech speed on both sides of the ball.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,210
    vCash
    14,734
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Diet Coke View Post
    SEC fans could carry on an argument for 2 hours? Please......
    Alabama quarterback > Painter (According to them)

    Also, Alabama Defense, Offensive line, and runningbacks > Colts

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    480
    vCash
    5,011
    Rep Power
    8
    I heard this discussion on the radio one time (not using these to teams but just the nat'l champs vs NFLs worst) and one guy was saying that back in the day in some sport, maybe baseball or basketball ( one of the pu$$y sports) the college champs used to play an exhibition against a pro team and the college team would win sometimes.

    I agree with the argument that an NCAA team has a few pros while a pro team consists of pros exclusively so it makes sense that a pro team should always beat a college team but apparently not so...

  14. #14
    Not Banned dwccrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,715
    vCash
    7,899
    Rep Power
    20
    You argued with these idiots for almost 2 hours? Fool.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,210
    vCash
    14,734
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am Ahab View Post
    I heard this discussion on the radio one time (not using these to teams but just the nat'l champs vs NFLs worst) and one guy was saying that back in the day in some sport, maybe baseball or basketball ( one of the pu$$y sports) the college champs used to play an exhibition against a pro team and the college team would win sometimes.

    I agree with the argument that an NCAA team has a few pros while a pro team consists of pros exclusively so it makes sense that a pro team should always beat a college team but apparently not so...
    What you are alluding to is the 1960s (I believe) -- A time where the NFL and College game were more similar with speed and scheme.

    It is not even close to that in today's game.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,210
    vCash
    14,734
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by dwccrew View Post
    You argued with these idiots for almost 2 hours? Fool.
    It was at work and there was notihng else to do.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    stp
    Posts
    8,550
    vCash
    815
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Laley23 View Post
    lol. Colts would run over any NCAA team. They beat 2 NFL teams..
    Even bench warmers in the NFL were studs on their college team. The worse nfl team, even using 2nd-3rd string would destroy a ncaa team.

  18. #18
    Senior Member royal_k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, Ohio
    Posts
    4,437
    vCash
    5,510
    Rep Power
    17
    funny shit.....very delusional
    No Dbags allowed

  19. #19
    Senior Member Rotinaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,060
    vCash
    3,647
    Rep Power
    35
    I always get a laugh when people say these things. No way i would be able to argue for 2 hours with these morons without pistol whipping the shit outta them.

  20. #20
    The Biggest Boss se-alum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The First Capital
    Posts
    12,967
    vCash
    14,129
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago510 View Post
    My argument is always this. Alabama probably has 10-15 Pros on their team. The Colts have 85! So GTFO with that argument.
    The Colts have 53, but your point is still valid!
    I forgot to tell you the plan for this Saturday. You, me, bar, beers, buzzed. Wings, shots, drunk, waitresses, hot. Football, Cornell-Hofstra, slaughter! Then quick nap at my place, and then we hit the tizzown!

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    10,700
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago510 View Post
    My argument is always this. Alabama probably has 10-15 Pros on their team. The Colts have 85! So GTFO with that argument.
    But according to SEC fans, those are 10-15 first round picks and sure fire HOFers.

  22. #22
    MB is obsessed with me lhslep134's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,414
    vCash
    17,518
    Rep Power
    34
    The only instance in which I think the best college team would give the worst NFL team even a fight would have been 2001 Miami vs 2001 Carolina with Weinke at QB.
    It is better for you to be thought of as an idiot than for you to log-in and prove it

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,210
    vCash
    14,734
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by lhslep134 View Post
    The only instance in which I think the best college team would give the worst NFL team even a fight would have been 2001 Miami vs 2001 Carolina with Weinke at QB.

    I still think Carolina could have named the score. Ken Dorsey couldn't even put together a scoring drive with PRO players surrounding him with the Browns.

    It's never a valid argument.

  24. #24
    MB is obsessed with me lhslep134's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,414
    vCash
    17,518
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg5 View Post
    I still think Carolina could have named the score. Ken Dorsey couldn't even put together a scoring drive with PRO players surrounding him with the Browns.

    It's never a valid argument.
    Eh but he had better pro players with him at Miami than the Browns had.

    Jon Vilma
    Clinton Portis/Willis McGahee
    Najeh Davenport
    Jeremy Shockey
    Kellen Winslow
    Bryant McKinnie
    Brett Romberg
    Andre Johnson
    Antrel Rolle
    Mike Rumph
    Ed Reed
    Sean Taylor
    DJ Williams
    Roscoe Parish
    William Joseph


    Like I said. I think it's the only team that could put up a fight. Don't think they'd win because of Dorsey.
    It is better for you to be thought of as an idiot than for you to log-in and prove it

  25. #25
    The Biggest Boss se-alum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The First Capital
    Posts
    12,967
    vCash
    14,129
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by lhslep134 View Post
    Eh but he had better pro players with him at Miami than the Browns had.

    Jon Vilma
    Clinton Portis/Willis McGahee
    Najeh Davenport
    Jeremy Shockey
    Kellen Winslow
    Bryant McKinnie
    Brett Romberg
    Andre Johnson
    Antrel Rolle
    Mike Rumph
    Ed Reed
    Sean Taylor
    DJ Williams
    Roscoe Parish
    William Joseph


    Like I said. I think it's the only team that could put up a fight. Don't think they'd win because of Dorsey.
    Alot of those guys were very young(fr,so) at that time. They would've been manhandled by NFL players.
    I forgot to tell you the plan for this Saturday. You, me, bar, beers, buzzed. Wings, shots, drunk, waitresses, hot. Football, Cornell-Hofstra, slaughter! Then quick nap at my place, and then we hit the tizzown!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •