Page 345 of 345 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335343344345
Results 8,601 to 8,617 of 8617

Thread: Beer snob discussion thread

  1. #8601
    Tits McGee Fab4Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    5,218
    vCash
    13,565
    Rep Power
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by sherm03 View Post
    Congrats on the engagement!
    Thanks! It was like 2.5 months ago. I don't even really like calling him that, lol. But he is my fiancé, so I guess I have to.

  2. #8602
    Senior Pwner Commander of Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    19,395
    vCash
    119,194
    Rep Power
    159
    I was talking to a girl in the office who said the same thing. She disliked it so much, she just kept calling him her BF. Had a buddy though who loved to to throw fiance around. We all knew his GF/fiance well and instead of referring to her by name, he would say fiance which was incredibly douchey.
    "The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."

  3. #8603
    I go balls deep. sherm03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    6,991
    vCash
    17,022
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by I Wear Pants View Post
    Any suggestions for breweries, brewpubs, or bars to visit in Cincinnati? Going there next week for a few days.
    Only other brewery that I'd recommend that Curly seemed to have left off is Taft's Ale House. It's in a bit of a sketchy neighborhood. But they pumped $9 million into renovating an old church and the place looks great. On top of that, the beers are damn good. It's a cool spot to check out if you have the time and if you're near downtown.
    It's a dog-eat-dog world, Sammy. And I'm wearing Milk Bone underwear.

  4. #8604
    Super Moderator O-Trap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,795
    vCash
    104,915
    Rep Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander of Awesome View Post
    I was talking to a girl in the office who said the same thing. She disliked it so much, she just kept calling him her BF. Had a buddy though who loved to to throw fiance around. We all knew his GF/fiance well and instead of referring to her by name, he would say fiance which was incredibly douchey.
    I mean, if it's to people who don't know her, I get calling her "my fiance." But if it's with friends who know her, yeah, it's definitely douchey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiernan View Post
    Remember this quote when there are a 1,000 dead by Christmas and the Natl Guard patrols the streets.

  5. #8605
    Kosh B'Gosh OSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    15,656
    Rep Power
    18
    I hope to catch a brewery or two in Wisconsin in December.

    I'm a Leinie fan, but it's a little farther away from where I'll be. Don't know if I want to spend 4 hours in a car on a short weekend (if we fly; if we drive, it may work well).
    "Mama said the pistol was the Devil's right hand." - Johnny Cash

  6. #8606
    Member Token's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    38
    vCash
    5,189
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by OSH View Post
    I hope to catch a brewery or two in Wisconsin in December.

    I'm a Leinie fan, but it's a little farther away from where I'll be. Don't know if I want to spend 4 hours in a car on a short weekend (if we fly; if we drive, it may work well).
    Will you be close to New Glarus?

    http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/

  7. #8607
    Senior Member Iliketurtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,116
    vCash
    7,608
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by OSH View Post
    I hope to catch a brewery or two in Wisconsin in December.

    I'm a Leinie fan, but it's a little farther away from where I'll be. Don't know if I want to spend 4 hours in a car on a short weekend (if we fly; if we drive, it may work well).
    Are you going to be in/close to Green Bay? If so I'd check out Hinterland. They have some pretty good beers and their cherry wheat is delicious.
    TURTLE POWER!

  8. #8608
    Tits McGee Fab4Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    5,218
    vCash
    13,565
    Rep Power
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by sherm03 View Post
    Only other brewery that I'd recommend that Curly seemed to have left off is Taft's Ale House. It's in a bit of a sketchy neighborhood. But they pumped $9 million into renovating an old church and the place looks great. On top of that, the beers are damn good. It's a cool spot to check out if you have the time and if you're near downtown.
    We went to Taft's on Saturday. I really liked it. Awesome atmosphere, and the food and beers were really good. It was pretty crowded, but that didn't bother me that much. I also didn't find the neighborhood to be that bad, but what do I know.

  9. #8609
    I go balls deep. sherm03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    6,991
    vCash
    17,022
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Fab4Runner View Post
    We went to Taft's on Saturday. I really liked it. Awesome atmosphere, and the food and beers were really good. It was pretty crowded, but that didn't bother me that much. I also didn't find the neighborhood to be that bad, but what do I know.
    That part of town has definitely come a long way and has pockets that are great. But OTR still is pretty shitty overall.
    It's a dog-eat-dog world, Sammy. And I'm wearing Milk Bone underwear.

  10. #8610
    Senior Member Terry_Tate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,952
    vCash
    20,384
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by sherm03 View Post
    Also, the new 16 Bit Barcade is worth checking out. The games are free if you're drinking. And they have a good selection of craft beers on tap.
    They need to get Mariokart and Super Smash for the Nintendo 64. But yeah, the place is pretty sweet.
    You kill the jo, you make some mo\'!

  11. #8611
    Senior Member gerb131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    County 23
    Posts
    9,662
    vCash
    9,966
    Rep Power
    26
    Mad tree gnarly brown IMO their best offering
    The Yay Area

  12. #8612
    Kosh B'Gosh OSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    15,656
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Will you be close to New Glarus?

    http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/
    Just looked, around 3 hours away...unless we drive. Then, we probably drive right by.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iliketurtles View Post
    Are you going to be in/close to Green Bay? If so I'd check out Hinterland. They have some pretty good beers and their cherry wheat is delicious.
    I'll actually be in Green Bay. Looks like I'll be going there. Thanks!
    "Mama said the pistol was the Devil's right hand." - Johnny Cash

  13. #8613
    Self Pwner in Training. Curly J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fairfield Ohio
    Posts
    7,244
    vCash
    32,463
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by gerb131 View Post
    Mad tree gnarly brown IMO their best offering
    They have that on tap on Nitro at the brewery right now.
    "Hellen Keller would look at you right now and think you are f'n stupid."

  14. #8614
    Senior Member gerb131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    County 23
    Posts
    9,662
    vCash
    9,966
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly J View Post
    They have that on tap on Nitro at the brewery right now.
    I bet it's even better on tap.
    The Yay Area

  15. #8615
    Elderly Intellectual Belly35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eve of Destruction
    Posts
    8,183
    vCash
    18,997
    Rep Power
    38
    ttt
    “Never invest in anything based on color”
    "From my cold dead hand will they have to remove my weapon"

  16. #8616
    Self Pwner in Training. Curly J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fairfield Ohio
    Posts
    7,244
    vCash
    32,463
    Rep Power
    91
    Even Bears know crap beer when they taste it. --> http://www.journal-news.com/news/new...eone-el/nm4mz/
    "Hellen Keller would look at you right now and think you are f'n stupid."

  17. #8617
    Senior Member gerb131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    County 23
    Posts
    9,662
    vCash
    9,966
    Rep Power
    26
    Enjoying some hop nosh a very very good yet under appreciated beer
    The Yay Area

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •