Results 7,726 to 7,750 of 7756

Thread: Beer snob discussion thread

Self Pwner in Training. Curly J's Avatar
    vCash
    "Hellen Keller would look at you right now and think you are f'n stupid."

Brudda o da bomber Devils Advocate's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly J View Post
    I was at one in easton/cbus a month or so ago. Awesome place. The only negatives were I left with a hundred dollar beer tab for drinks and food just for me and the wife.

The hour and a half drunj ride home sucked as well.
    Fear not! For if you fall, I will be there to catch you. ~Floor

Senior Pwner Commander of Awesome's Avatar
    vCash
    Had a Tres Blueberry Stout last night, was awesome stuff. Blueberry really came out, and that beer only got better as it warmed.
    "The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."

vCash
    LH Good Juju and Ballast Point Sculpin IPA for myself last night.
    interwebz beer snob

Self Pwner in Training. Curly J's Avatar
    vCash
    I was able to get a couple of bottles of Bell's Black Note last night.
    "Hellen Keller would look at you right now and think you are f'n stupid."

12th Son of the Lama ernest_t_bass's Avatar
    vCash
    Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. I'd like more bourbon.
    Quote Originally Posted by like_that View Post
    Saying we are alike might have been the best compliment I have recieved on this site. Congrats.

vCash
    Bleeding buckeye for me tonight , not bad

vCash
    Pretty light weekend for me on the beer front. Had some Old Chub (don't like scotch ales) but I do like Oskar Blues stuff. B.Nektar Meadery's Kill all the golfers, very interesting mead with tea/honey. And a horrible GL Christmas Ale that was at the back of my Bro in laws fridge. I'm guessing it was a 13 batch but it tasted like a 12 or older. No spice/nutmeg/cinnamon profile at all. Basically tasted like an old New Castle.
    interwebz beer snob

vCash
    Lawmakers Ask FDA Chief To Make Changes To Brewery Grain Rules.

The Hill (4/18, Marcos) reports in its “Regwatch” blog that lawmakers are urging the FDA “to modify proposed rules requiring breweries to inspect spent grain given to cattle.” The blog posting noted that in a letter to FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg, “13 House members said the proposed regulation would impose heavy costs on small breweries.”
    The Oregonian (4/18, Terry) reported that the FDA’s proposal could impose huge financial costs on breweries nationwide. “While the rule aims to make the food chain safer, it would cost the industry millions and increase the cost of beer and spirits,” the paper reported. The paper also noted that the agency’s proposal “has sparked an outpouring from opponents, with hundreds of comments pouring into the FDA.” The FDA will seek public comments again this summer “and then revise the proposal, which is due to be finalized by August 2015.”

BIG government continues to try to ruin everything...

vCash
    InBev surely have their hands in this.
    Saying we are alike might have been the best compliment I have recieved on this site. Congrats.

vCash
    Because F Inbev!
    interwebz beer snob

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuakerOats View Post
    Lawmakers Ask FDA Chief To Make Changes To Brewery Grain Rules.
    BIG government continues to try to ruin everything...

And you are trying to ruin a perfectly good beer thread.

GTFO of here with your politard shit.

vCash
    It is BIG government that is trying to ruin the microbrewery industry, and your thread.

Someday you may see the forest through the trees.

By the way, had a couple of these over the weekend, always a treat:

Kronenbourg 1664

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuakerOats View Post
    It is BIG government that is trying to ruin the microbrewery industry, and your thread.

Someday you may see the forest through the trees.

By the way, had a couple of these over the weekend, always a treat:

Kronenbourg 1664
    Never was a big Eurolager fan, but as they go, these aren't half bad.
    ... o fr i disgleirio mr.

Senior Pwner Commander of Awesome's Avatar
    vCash
    Had a Bell's Java Stout tonight, holy shit. What I would give ti get solid 7% stouts in 6pks here. Great beer.
    "The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."

vCash
    Java Stout is very nice!
    interwebz beer snob

vCash
    Anyone here been to the North Country Brewing Co in Slippery Rock, PA? They have quite a number of interesting brews.

vCash
    What are some must haves on this menu? Will be heading there in the near future.

http://jkodonnells.com/wp-content/up...nu-David-A.pdf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ernest_t_bass View Post
    What are some must haves on this menu? Will be heading there in the near future.

If it were me, I'd go for the 2 hearted, burning rosids, and try the G st blend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander of Awesome View Post
    Had a Bell's Java Stout tonight, holy shit. What I would give ti get solid 7% stouts in 6pks here. Great beer.
    Over all, I am impressed with anything from bells. almost Stone quality to me.

Pushups with Ed Hochuli Sonofanump's Avatar
    vCash

I'd order #5 thru #10 on the draft list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonofanump View Post
    I'd order #5 thru #10 on the draft list.
    I'd be drunj! I may do a flight.

Pushups with Ed Hochuli Sonofanump's Avatar
    vCash
    I'd be drunj! I may do a flight.
    I usually split tastings with wife. Flight is excellent idea to avoid drunj.

vCash
    I've never been much of a drinker at all growing up...I probably had less than a 20 drinks in my life at age 25. This was pretty much beers here and there at gatherings, or wine.

Lately I'm having some more drinks here and there at work outings, or just around the house. Things that I go to most at home are basics like rum/coke or a whiskey sour, something like that.

The beers that I had tried in the past were basic grocery store/major brands (Corona, Bud Light, etc.), and I never liked the taste of beer, to the point that if it weren't for the alcohol I would rather just have a pop or something.. Reading on some other sites and doing some research lately I decided to try some different craft beers instead. I ran to the Anderson's over the weekend and made a 6 back of some beers that I researched online and had good ratings (mostly Bell's/Founders stuff this time).

I had a Bells Two Hearted Ale last night, which was highly regarded online...It was OK, but overall I was still like "meh, I'd rather have something other than beer". It was better than I remember other cheap beers being, but not enough where I'd have another or every buy another. I still have some others to try at home, but after grabbing these 6 different bottles over the weekend I was pretty pumped that I would like beer now and I was excited about all of the different options to try...But after last night I was disappointed.

I know it was only 1 beer and there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of different individual bottles to try at my local Anderson's.

So--- Did you all enjoy the taste of beer? Since this thread is not all about mainstream/cheap beers, I assume yes. Did you like it from the beginning or was it more of an acquired taste? I haven't given up yet, but maybe I'm just weird and don't like the taste of beer.

Any other advice for a beer noob? Any "beginner" beers that I should be trying to get my feet wet?
    Last edited by McFly1955; Yesterday at 02:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McFly1955 View Post
    I've never been much of a drinker at all growing up...I probably had less than a 20 drinks in my life at age 25. This was pretty much beers here and there at gatherings, or wine.

Lately I'm having some more drinks here and there at work outings, or just around the house. Things that I go to most at home are basics like rum/coke or a whiskey sour, something like that.

The beers that I had tried in the past were basic grocery store/major brands (Corona, Bud Light, etc.), and I never liked the taste of beer, to the point that if it weren't for the alcohol I would rather just have a pop or something.. Reading on some other sites and doing some research lately I decided to try some different craft beers instead. I ran to the Anderson's over the weekend and made a 6 back of some beers that I researched online and had good ratings (mostly Bell's/Founders stuff this time).

I had a Bells Two Hearted Ale last night, which was highly regarded online...It was OK, but overall I was still like "meh, I'd rather have something other than beer". It was better than I remember other cheap beers being, but not enough where I'd have another or every buy another. I still have some others to try at home, but after grabbing these 6 different bottles over the weekend I was pretty pumped that I would like beer now and I was excited about all of the different options to try...But after last night I was disappointed.

I know it was only 1 beer and there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of different individual bottles to try at my local Anderson's.

So--- Did you all enjoy the taste of beer? Since this thread is not all about mainstream/cheap beers, I assume yes. Did you like it from the beginning or was it more of an acquired taste? I haven't given up yet, but maybe I'm just weird and don't like the taste of beer.

Any other advice for a beer noob? Any "beginner" beers that I should be trying to get my feet wet?
    Are you a virgin?

Also, advice: Try different types of beers.
    Last edited by ernest_t_bass; Yesterday at 03:13 PM.