Page 311 of 311 FirstFirst ... 211 261 301309310311
Results 7,751 to 7,756 of 7756

Thread: Beer snob discussion thread

vCash
    Bells two hearted as just blah?? Go fuck yourself bro
    "Our fans embrace us, no matter what," he said. "That's why I want us to win, to pay them back for their loyalty. They deserve it."
    - D'Qwell Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ernest_t_bass View Post
    Are you a virgin?

Also, advice: Try different types of beers.
    no on question 1.

Quote Originally Posted by DeyDurkie5 View Post
    Bells two hearted as just blah?? Go fuck yourself bro
    k, bro.

edit: added "bro"
    Last edited by McFly1955; Today at 03:17 PM.

Pushups with Ed Hochuli Sonofanump's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McFly1955 View Post
    So--- Did you all enjoy the taste of beer? Since this thread is not all about mainstream/cheap beers, I assume yes. Did you like it from the beginning or was it more of an acquired taste?
    Yes. Yes, from the age of 12. I know some guys from college that beer was an acquired taste.

I had a Bells Two Hearted Ale last night, which was highly regarded online...It was OK, but overall I was still like "meh, I'd rather have something other than beer". It was better than I remember other cheap beers being, but not enough where I'd have another or every buy another. I still have some others to try at home, but after grabbing these 6 different bottles over the weekend I was pretty pumped that I would like beer now and I was excited about all of the different options to try...But after last night I was disappointed.
    I think Two Hearted a good but not great for an IPA (3.5/5). An IPA does take some time to get used to, they are hoppy.

Any other advice for a beer noob? Any "beginner" beers that I should be trying to get my feet wet?
    Start with wheats, pilsners and lagers. Progress from there. Once you progress, you won't want to drink those for the most part (some excellent wheats out there) anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonofanump View Post
    Yes. Yes, from the age of 12. I know some guys from college that beer was an acquired taste.

I think Two Hearted a good but not great for an IPA (3.5/5). An IPA does take some time to get used to, they are hoppy.

Start with wheats, pilsners and lagers. Progress from there. Once you progress, you won't want to drink those for the most part (some excellent wheats out there) anymore.
    Thanks.

I'll have to re-check the labels on what I picked up but I think I bought a bunch of IPAs....I'll have to grab a bunch of other stuff this weekend.

Senior Pwner Commander of Awesome's Avatar
    vCash
    Or Belgians!
    "The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."

Pushups with Ed Hochuli Sonofanump's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander of Awesome View Post
    Or Belgians!
    We will get him there eventually